Barings is embarking on an exciting and dramatic evolution as a global asset management company in order to become more client-centric, technologically-enabled, and data-driven. As part of this evolution, we are investing in Enterprise Architecture which will play a pivotal role in the intersection of transformation and innovation of our global organization.
As a critical member of the Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence (EA CoE), the Investment Platform Architect proactively and holistically leads and supports EA activities that lead solution modernization for global investment platforms, and guide the solution design for a portfolio of investment solutions across front office, middle and back office systems. He/she has a deep understanding of business goals, objective, business capabilities, value-streams, and business processes.
Translates Business Strategy into Solutions Architecture
- Understands business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determines corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Understands emerging technology trends, disruptions, and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Translates business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives and documents all solution architecture design and analysis work.
Leads Solutions Design and Analysis
- Leads evaluation, design and analysis for the implementation of a solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities, value-streams, business requirements and enterprise standards.
- Creates architectural designs to guide and contextualize solution development across products, services, projects and systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information).
- Analyzes the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, legacy and technical debt, and recommends solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
Facilitates and Collaborates to Deliver Business Outcomes
- Works closely with the project management office to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised throughout the project or product lifecycle.
- Works closely with the product owners and product managers to ensure a robust architectural runway that can support future business requirements throughout the product lifecycle.
- Provides consulting support to agile teams to ensure the project or product is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture.
- Consults with application and infrastructure development projects and products to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture.
- Supports a community of practice (CoP), guiding and helping agile teams, product owners, and application architects to align with the overall enterprise architecture
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience
- You have a minimum of 12 years of background in information technology, 7 to 10 years of experience in solution architecture and development
- Deep experience working in a Asset Management and Investment Management industry, specifically around fixed income asset class, Order Management System (OMS) and Risk Management business capabilities.
- Familiarity with the investment Lifecycle, Front (Client & Advisor), Middle & Back Office (Custodian / Account) capabilities, etc.
- Familiarity with industry leading vendor investment Management platform solutions such as SimCorp, Aladdin, Charles River, Bloomberg, Alternative Asset Management platforms, etc.
- You have experience of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, guidance on managing technical and architectural debt
- You have the ability to communicate complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences including executives, senior business and technology leaders
- You have the ability to influence and persuade — both business and IT leaders as well as peers
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- You are a restless innovator that can apply emerging and disruptive technologies to transform products and improve customer experience.
- You are a change agent who are motivated to transform a global business and drive long term growth.