Enterprise Applications Oracle Cloud Project Manager
Job Description Summary:
Come and think independently with an organisation that's doing the same. We're determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It's why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It's invigorating. It's inspiring. It's creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let's make change happen.
Business Consulting, Enterprise Applications Project Manager/Leader\t
Grant Thornton's Business Consulting professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our Technology Solutions practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
Grant Thornton's Business Consulting consists of Enterprise Applications, Technology, Finance, Operations, Deals and People focus areas. Job Description:
Performs Project Management/ Project Lead advisory and implementation services, managing projects in Oracle ERP and Enterprise Performance Management, and other business areas throughout the enterprise as required, with a particular focus on cloud based solutions. Additionally, the role will include assistance in business development and practice development (especially development of best practice project implementation approach and methods) for the Enterprise Applications practice. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage projects (Cloud and On Premise) across the full life cycle of applications implementation for our clients including:
- Planning, estimating, resource management, risk/issue management, stakeholder management, scope, profitability, contract management and customer success
- Manage projects to success in terms of customer expectations, scope, budget and timeline.
- Lead teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures etc. Take a lead role in creating proposals, budgets, and work plans. Participate in other business development activities as appropriate
- Take personal responsibility for managing workload to meet own utilisation targets
- Undertake Practice Development activity - especially in building method and collateral relating to best practice implementation approach and methods
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent)
- A professional project management qualification (such as PRINCE2 or PMP).
The following are the experience and skills that we would value in the successful candidate:
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing multiple industry clients
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
- 1+ years of experience managing Oracle Cloud Applications projects, with a thorough understanding and experience of the critical success factors for Cloud applications implementation
- 5+ years of Project Management experience within an applications implementation environment, or a mixture of Project Management/ Oracle Applications Implementation experience
- Strong Project Management experience with appropriate Project Management qualification and certification (eg PRINCE2 or PMP), including thorough knowledge of Oracle OUM
- Evidence of Oracle Cloud Project Management experience across at least one full lifecycle implementation
- Evidence of strong Applications Project Management experience across at least two full lifecycles, with corresponding success across all key areas of project delivery - eg customer success, budgets, timeline, scope, stakeholder management and quality
- Evidence of appropriate Oracle vendor formal training and skills development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles, key metrics and reports
- Experience in migrations/deployments of Enterprise Application solutions to the cloud
- Proven ability delivering complex and time sensitive projects
- Strong leadership skills; able to conduct meetings and write technically orientated documents
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 100%