Enterprise Applications EPM Planning and Budgeting Cloud Consultant
Job Description Summary:
Come and think independently with an organisation that's doing the same. We're determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It's why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It's invigorating. It's inspiring. It's creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and, together, let's make change happen. Job Description:
Grant Thornton's Business Consulting professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect and transform value today, so our clients could thrive and grow. Our Enterprise Applications practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
Grant Thornton's Business Consulting consists of Technology, Enterprise Applications, Finance, Operations, Deals and People focus areas. POSITION SUMMARY:
Performs advisory, strategy and solution design services to address financial budgeting forecasting and reporting needs by leveraging the Oracle PBCS and EPBCS application of the EPM Suite .
Responsible for the PBCS and EPBCS design and technical integration throughout the implementation, managing the client's requirements in line with the product capability, the project delivery plan, agreed budget and the overall design, promoting a strong working relationship and team spirit within the Grant Thornton programme team. Additionally, the role will include provision of thought leadership around Oracle EPM technology, as well as assistance in business development and practice development. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS Minimum requirement
- Assist in full life cycle implementations including: planning, design, & build phases of Oracle PBCS
- Configure applications and conduct iterative unit testing
- Help to create training materials and quick reference guides to support user adoption
- Conduct training classes to prepare end users for deployment
- Provide post-production support.
- Other general and administrative responsibilities include participation in meetings and preparation of minutes as appropriate.
- Contributing to our continued Digital Finance thought leadership, working closely with colleagues in Strategy, Finance and Technology Consulting
- Mentoring and coaching other team members
- Building and maintaining deep and long lasting relationships with all levels of stakeholders
- Responsible for documenting business requirements, system design and transformational goals.
- Support the Solution Architect and the Project Manager in managing scope, plans and budget
- Build and maintain close relationships with client senior stakeholders
- Provide leadership and insight for client account development opportunities
- Assist practice leadership in creating proposals, budgets, and work plans. Participate in other business development activities as appropriate
- Work closely with Oracle SMEs and the Enterprise Applications leadership team in marketing and business development activities as appropriate
- Develop subject matter expertise in Oracle PBCS and network with Oracle communities, including contributions to events and knowledge share sessions
- Take personal responsibility for managing workload to meet own utilisation targets
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2:1 honour degree (or equivalent)
- Oracle certification and accreditation Oracle EPM PBCS is desirable
- Experience of working with Oracle EPM Cloud products such as EPBCS, PBCS, FCCS, TRCS, EPBCS and Essbase Cloud is desirable
- Experience of working with other emerging technologies (e.g. Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation, Blockchain, AI etc.) is desirable
- Minimum of 2-3 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing multiple industry clients
The following are the experience and skills that we would value in the successful candidate:
- 2+ years of experience in Oracle EPM -PBCS or Hyperion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles, key metrics and reports
- Good technical understanding of Hyperion and PBCS (SaaS)
- Solid Project Management skills.
- Experienced in Cloud Projects and the technical impacts to consider / remediate when moving Hyperion from On Premise to Cloud
- Ability to support / validate interfaces to and from Hyperion and PBCS and what to consider when moving to Cloud / using a SaaS application
- Familiarisation and use of the Best Practices when querying / validating and testing integrations to and from Hyperion / PBCS
- Highly versatile communication skills are crucial for this role
- Ability to engage and respond effectively to client's senior stakeholder groups
- Able to work with clients to understand current state processes and define future state processes based on business objectives
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 100%