Enhanced Due Diligence Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- SALL Standard bank
- 15 Apr 19
The EDD team within CRM forms part of SALL's framework for analysing and assessing financial crime risks associated with high risk clients. The EDD team play an integral role in supporting SALL's senior management (MLRO and CRMC). The prime purpose of the role is to perform EDD investigations which provide effective and independent identification, analysis and assessment of financial crime and reputational risks, based on reliable and factual information
Who are we?
Standard Bank Group is Africa's largest bank by assets. The Group delivers banking and related financial services that help strengthen Africa's connections to key international markets and in turn enhance those markets' connections to Africa. The Bank's representation spans 20 African nations and 11 countries outside of Africa including the key global financial centres.
The Group's 49,000 employees around the world deliver a complete range of services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking and wealth management. As a pioneer of emerging markets, where Africa is our 'home market'; Standard Bank is ideally placed to realise true value for our clients in economies with high growth potential.
Our Corporate & Investment Banking business attracts passionate professionals drawn to an environment that is fast-paced and dynamic, where talent is recognised and rewarded. We are hardworking, ambitious professionals who focus on achieving outstanding results, within a supportive and enthusiastic culture. Our continuing success relies on solid teamwork - effective collaboration between all of our people around the world. Consequently, we have built a reputation for innovating and developing local markets through informed insights, which lead to client focused products…. 'Africa is our home, we drive her growth'.
Authentic interactions are core to our relationships with clients, employees, shareholders and other stakeholders. It is supported by over 150 years of service and is the foundation of our culture driving the way we make decisions. Our capabilities and differentiators uniquely position us to fulfil our purpose and vision which is:
"To be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa; delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value"
The EDD team within CRM forms part of SALL's framework for analysing and assessing financial crime risks associated with high risk clients. The EDD team play an integral role in supporting SALL's senior management (MLRO and CRMC) in making an informed decision regarding the onboarding of a client or the continued engagement of an existing client. The prime purpose of the role is to perform EDD investigations which provide effective and independent identification, analysis and assessment of financial crime and reputational risks, based on reliable and factual information
- Analysts will be required to document their investigations in a detailed Section 5 report and present findings to senior management (MLRO and CRMC)
- In addition, the role holder will be responsible for maintaining financial crime related management information (such as PEP records) and internal systems
- Responsible for the review, approval and acceptance of screening results, evidencing the dispositioning logic in line with the Department and Company policies and procedures
- Access and understand a range of bespoke systems/sources (e.g. Factiva/worldcheck) to enable a 'deep dive' review and assessment of high risk factors associated with the client review
- Analysis of high risk clients and escalations from CSM with regards to clients with adverse news and PEPs
- Clear and accurate EDD reports using available source materials, summarised in a concise and structured manner
Experience required to successfully perform the role:
- Previous experience working in a Financial Crime Compliance team
- Relevant experience working as an Analyst / Due Diligence
- Previous experience in conducting in-depth research and drafting accurate reports to a high standard. You will perhaps have gained this experience whilst working in the financial services industry or consulting environment. Additionally, you will ideally have an understanding of the risks associated with emerging markets, and particularly Sub-Saharan Africa.
- You will be self-motivation and a team player with a demonstrated organised, proactive and pragmatic approach to work
- You will be able to demonstrate that you have attention to detail with ability to deliver high quality work under tight deadlines
- Experience working in a challenging and complex organisational matrix. You must demonstrate you have a flexible working style, accustomed to working in an ambiguous work environment within multi-disciplinary and diverse teams
- Multiple languages is highly desirable