Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, help families and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending supported 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever. The team
This role sits within the "Tech and Data" teams. The drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers. What will you be doing?
We are focused entirely on using technology to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this by building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally. We work in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos.
- Be a team builder: you'll build, manage, and mentor software engineering teams with increasing responsibilities. You will create the engineering structure to scale and grow with the values of the company.
- Be a driver: you'll drive company and project goals, prioritise resources, and ensure timely delivery. You'll implement effective engineering processes, technology, and policies for sustained growth.
- Be a Funding Circle Rep: you'll represent Funding Circle engineering and management at industry events, and help grow our brand within the community.
- Be a collaborator: you'll forge deep bonds with your business counterparts, understanding their needs and sharing ownership of their outcomes.
- Be a teacher: be generous with your time and expertise to teach stakeholders and fellow engineers how to answer their own questions.
- Experienced in management responsibilities such as building, leading, and mentoring engineering organisations.
- Experienced in delivering mission-critical, high-value products, and services.
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies with a focus on TDD.
- Experienced in working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment.
- Familiar with functional programming languages, specifically Clojure.
- Experienced working in global companies with multiple geographies.
Why join us?
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octane - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we're building a culture where difference is valued. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.