- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Oxford Knight
- 26 May 19
posted on 20 March 2019 in: ○ London ○ Permanent
Salary: ~£100k base
Location: London | Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Job Summary: Engineering Manager / Tech Lead role with a WiFi/Telecommunications Start-up serving millions of customers annually. You will be heading up a team of 6 - 8 developers currently working with Java, PHP, Kotlin, MySQL and AngularJS. Experienced, highly technical leaders from any OO background are of great interest.
Passionate about technology and experts in creating elegant and powerful applications, my client designs, builds, and supports WiFi software and solutions which enable organisations to deliver a better WiFi experience to their customers. Based in London, their reach spans the globe.
You will be responsible for the development and operation of the PayG WiFi Overlay and Gigaliving Building solution. Reporting to the CTO, the role involves leadership of a local team of 3 technical staff and a distributed team of 3 - 6 engineers.
- Manage the team's workload, identifying and prioritising high value projects and maximising the impact of your team's work
- Own project delivery - working with project managers & development team to ship projects
- Manage the engineers by improving productivity and setting KPIs, identifying and solving skill gaps (either by growing from within or hiring), and ensuring team enjoyment/satisfaction with their work
- Act as senior technical engineer to review pull requests and code submissions, design scale and architect systems, and troubleshoot issues and running systems
Technical Skills Required
Ideally, you have strong Java, OO design, and SQL knowledge.
Any of the following would be advantageous: MySQL, AngularJS, VueJS, PHP, Java/Kotlin, RADIUS, Ruckus Controller, Mikrotik Experience, Zabbix, ElasticSearch, Docker, Rancher, Constant Integration and Git
If you feel you are a good match, please don't hesitate to get in touch:
+44 (0) 203 475 7197