Engineering - FICC Technology - IRP Franchise Technology London Associate - Frontline - Analyst - London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm's ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
We are looking for a highly technical professional to play a key role in the London IRP Franchise technology team. The candidate will be partnering with technologists, strategists, traders and salespeople in the Goldman Sachs FICC trading environment to provide solutions to the Interest Rates business. The team is responsible for trading and sales desk support and critical desk deliverables. This is a perfect opportunity to leverage and develop strong technical skills while learning about the IRP business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Analysis - Liaise with traders, salespeople and strategists to determine development requirements, specifications and priorities.
• Support - This team is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the trading and sales desks.
• Development - Deploy critical trading applications, including intraday risk management and position keeping, trade booking, and pricing applications, as well as internally used tools. Development will be in Java or in a proprietary language (Slang/SecDb).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong technical and analytical skills
• Java Experience
• Comfortable in a high-pressure work environment
• Clear and confident communicator- essential as this role will require constant business engagement
• First or 2:1 degree in an analytical subject (CS, Math, Engineering, Finance etc)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.