Engineering - FICC Technology - FX Franchise Developer - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 25 Feb 18 2018-02-25
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm' s ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
The FX Franchise developers work on projects involving both new business initiatives and improvements in maintainability and resiliency of the existing applications for the Foreign Exchange business. Franchise developers will work with the traders and salespeople to define requirements for new business initiatives, applications or enhancements to existing tools. This role will require the developer to work on all stages of the software development cycle and with users from other locations. Given the global nature of FX, developers will often work with counterparts in other regional offices on projects. FX is a rapidly evolving and fast-growing business that is a significant source of firm revenue. Given our drive towards automation, this role will provide many challenging and rewarding opportunities.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Build and support trading and risk management systems for the foreign exchange and emerging markets businesses
- Establish strong relationships with traders, salespeople, strategists and multiple areas of Operations and Technology to understand business needs
- Engagement in all stages of the software development lifecycle
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related technical discipline
- More than 3 years of work experience
- Strong programming skills in one or more languages (Java/C/C++/C#/Python)
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Working knowledge of UNIX
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability to quickly identify scope and impact of issues
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with client/server architecture
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.