Engineering -FICC Tech - SMM eDealing Developer - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 24 Feb 18 2018-02-24
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
FICC SMM is a cross-asset Systematic Market-Making business covering FX, Commodities, Interest Rates, and Credit. We are growing our team focused on development for post-execution services for clients and desktop applications used by Trading and Sales internally to manage electronic trading flows across the SMM businesses. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in a specialized team of engineers working with a dynamic and exciting business.
The Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities (FICC) Technology group develops technology to enable trading across a diverse set of businesses under FICC within Goldman Sachs' Securities Division. As such, it plays a key role in the firm's ability to help institutional and corporate clients trade a variety of financial instruments on electronic venues and over-the-counter.
FICC Technology uses open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build platforms for pricing, risk, lifecycle management and control functions. Developers have exposure to some of the latest web and platform technologies in order to help deliver high-profile projects that are strategically important to the growth of both the FICC businesses and the firm's technical strategy. We work directly with our partners in the Securities Division to help drive innovative offerings in some of the firm's most profitable lines of business.
We are looking for smart and highly motivated developers who love to analyze problems, build products and collaborate with others to realize the full potential of our products and services. You will work alongside a team of driven and passionate engineers who enjoy working with the best and brightest talent, pushing technological boundaries and discovering new possibilities on a day-to-day basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- On a daily basis, we work with SMM Trading, Sales, and Strats to improve our Electronic Trading platforms by defining and delivering software to provide clients with post execution services which help them manage their risk and transactions more efficiently.
- Our in-house trading systems are comprised of thousands of processes running on hundreds of hosts located in data centers across the world. Our team is located in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Warsaw, London and New York.
- We work closely with SMM Trading, Sales, and other engineering teams on a daily basis to develop applications which enable them to manage risk and serve clients.
- In this team, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of electronic trading across multiple asset classes ranging from high volume FX trades to complex derivatives in Commodities.
- You will work with various technologies including Java, C++, Linux, SQL and Goldman Sachs' proprietary technologies: Slang and SecDb.
- Ideally 3+ years of work experience.
- Self-motivation to learn about new businesses.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with relational database and other data technologies.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.