- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Location: London, England, United KingdomMoody's Analytics is seeking an experienced account manager with a highly technical skillset to help lead client engagements for the new Moody's Add-in for Excel. The successful candidate will be comfortable developing relationships with key decision makers and managing a large book of accounts to drive the installation and adoption of the Excel Add In. A familiarity with Moody's role within capital markets, financial statement analysis, and strong Excel skills are essential.
The Associate Engagement Manager role presents a unique opportunity to be involved with a large number of teams within Moody's Analytics. The engagement team sits within product strategy at MA, but also requires consistent interactions with sales teams, product developers, and other internal stakeholders. Engagement managers will gain a broad understanding of different teams within MA and leverage that knowledge to improve the product and build strong relationships between MA and its customers.
- Manage the needs of a large book of accounts for a designated territory in EMEA; includes managing all activities from software installation, demos and training to custom project work and solutions
- Conduct product demonstrations and training sessions for new and existing customers
- Create custom Excel models using Moody's data delivered through the Excel Add-in
- Play a key role in future development of the Excel Add-in by collecting customer feedback for product development teams
Our suite of delivery channels include web-based platforms in addition to more data-intense avenues such as the Excel Add-in, Application Programming Interface (API) & Data File Service (DFS). We enable firms to simplify data retrieval, integrate with internal models and spreadsheets, and carry out industry best practices which ultimately drive more robust analyses and lead to faster and more informed decision-making. The Moody's Analytics Excel Add-in tool is one option in our spectrum of delivery channels.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics, or other financial services-related discipline
- Account management experience within financial services, preferably at a major market data provider, bank, or consulting firm
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with a strong focus on the customer and getting results
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Strong interest in fixed income, credit ratings and fundamental credit analysis; CFA candidate preferred
- Advanced Excel skills (VBA a plus); Experience with Excel Add Ins and market data preferred
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.