Employee Relations Specialist - Interim
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: GBP550 - GBP600 per day
- Job Type: Full time
Seeking an interim Employee Relations Manager with experience in the financial services sector.
I am seeking an Employee Relations Interim to cover a contract role supporting the ER processes within an Investment Bank. This will involve acting as the interface on all employee relations matters between core business stakeholders and HR Business Partners
- Case Management: providing judgement to high risk and complex cases, including disciplinary and grievance matters running investigation through to closure.
- Change Management: developing appropriate consultation/negotiation strategies to facilitate major business change initiatives (i.e. out/insourcing, restructuring, offshoring, mergers and acquisitions, disposals and TUPE).
- Supporting ER Advisors and offering guidance and ensuring a consistent approach in how they deal with ER queries and matters, including acting as an escalation point for complex cases.
- Managing strategic ER projects: providing policy development around global initiatives and regulatory related projects primarily around conduct risk
- Upskilling and training (for HR team and line managers) - this includes: keeping key stakeholders informed of new initiatives driven by change in Employment Law, building ER capability through the development of tools/frameworks to support the skills development of HRBPs/line managers to managing change initiatives.
- Ideally university educated; additional CIPD or employment law background preferred
- Deep subject matter expertise in the application of employment law and HR policy and process
- Practical proven experience in ER including managing disciplinary & grievance processes and redundancy exercises from start to finish
- Ability to build strong relationships throughout the organisation and partner with the business/wider HR function in order to resolve complex ER cases
- Have an interest in, and an understanding of, the external employment legislation (including redundancy, dismissals, TUPE), along with familiarity of the internal policies and procedures
- Demonstrates analytical ability and well organized with a methodical approach to work
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.