Embedded Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - Fire TV
DESCRIPTION In the Amazon Fire TV team, we are creating the most engaging entertainment platform for the whole family, worldwide. Be part of a fast-paced, agile and innovative team who is delivering new experiences to Fire TV devices in a startup like environment.
We are looking for a passionate, talented Embedded Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who can drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon's long-term vision, including innovation in the delivery and consumption of media and entertainment. In this development role, you will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
As an Embedded Software Development Engineer in Test in the team, you will have great problem-solving skills and deep knowledge of Android internals. You will also have an interest in developing automated solutions for consumer-facing products, strong technical ability, excellent organisational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Some of the responsibilities include:
• Instrument, monitor and enhance Fire OS for every Fire TV device
• Suggest and implement optimisations to Fire OS
• Influence architecture decisions for best performance
• Specify system requirements for upcoming Fire TV devices
• Collaborate with teams incorporating features into Fire TV for optimal experience
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Extensive professional hands-on experience in software development
• Great Computer Science fundamentals knowledge and experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Proficient in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, or Python.
• Experience writing test plans, test automation and test cases
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems
• Experience building applications on Android or iOS
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Android development knowledge of Java and the JDK and/or Kotlin and Android Developers Kit
• Experience building, customising and optimising Android for various devices
• Knowledge of Android Architecture, performance optimisation, and Security. Advanced Android UI Skills (Fragments, Custom view components)
• Experience with any of Android apps, Android Frameworks, AOSP or Linux kernel driver development