- Apr 21, 2021
Fantastic opportunity as an Editorial Lead for a big4 Tech company!! Content lead - Editorial EMEA - **competitive rate** The role:
Editorial lead, EMEA Communications
As the lead in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) for editorial, you will help write and polish much of the most important written work, including blog posts, speeches, talking points, statements, op-eds and internal newsletters. To succeed, you need to be a great communicator who can understand complex issues and explain them via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more. The focus of your role will be helping us tell story in our own voice, whether it's framing our latest product launch, showcasing people benefiting from our digital skills training, or writing about our responsible innovation. You will be the lead writer and editor of the Europe blog and will also take the lead on op-eds, speeches as well as take on a host of interesting writing and editing projects. You'll partner with our social media team and others to help grow the reach and impact of our blogs and other editorial content produced Responsibilities:
- Develop written materials in conjunction with communications teams, product teams and executives when necessary.
- Write and edit content for the Europe blog, and other local blogs across the region as needed.
- Develop and implement projects that fuel our campaigns with editorial content, blog posts, op-eds, videos.
- Assist with writing and editing projects where needed, helping us write better statements, talking points, soundbites, video scripts.
- Educate and upskill the wider communications team to be more effective writers.
- Collaborate closely with global, regional and country communications, policy and other teams. Minimum qualifications:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-10 years of communications experience.
- 3-5 years of experience writing articles, speeches and/or op-eds (e.g. for senior business leaders, etc).
- Outstanding writing skills in English.
- Experience turning simple ideas into blog posts, articles or other persuasive written work with little editing needed.
- Experience working with blogging platforms, digital content and understanding of audience metrics.
- Demonstrated drive and humility, with the ability to make things happen, big and small, across time zones and teams, coupled with the grace to point the spotlight on others.
- A passion for, and keen understanding of what it takes to work across many different countries and cultures.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.