- Competitive plus negotiable benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 19
We are looking for highly motivated outstanding economists to join our Economics team, with a particular focus on the area of competition economics and econometric analysis
We are looking for highly motivated outstanding economists to join our Economics team, with a particular focus on the area of competition economics and econometric analysis.
Successful applicants will:
• Be a key member of our well-established team, delivering high quality economic advice to our clients on all aspects of competition policy.
• Prepare quantitative and qualitative evidence, to provide insight and value to our clients.
• Manage economics workstreams or projects and help to maintain the client relationship, with supervision from Directors and Partners, ensuring that any client work will be delivered to the highest standards in both content and form.
• Maintain a positive attitude when the team is under pressure, supporting other team members when they face challenging situations.
• Support business development activities within the team.
• Liaise regularly with the wider Economics team in terms of lessons learned from client engagements and where good practice/methodologies could be cascaded.
• Be involved in the management and the development of the Economics team as a whole, including contributing to our recruitment efforts, performance appraisal, mentoring and thought leadership.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and skills:
• Top academic qualifications in economics, with a focus on industrial economics and/or microeconometrics, at least at MA/MSc level (PhD desirable but not necessary).
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
• An ability to explain complex economics clearly to non-economists, and apply economic concepts and techniques to real world situations.
• Perfect command of English. Fluency in other languages desirable but not necessary.
• Experience and/or qualifications in quantitative techniques/econometrics desirable but not necessary.
• Knowledge of competition law and/or regulatory regimes.
• An ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets, on multiple projects simultaneously, and to produce deliverables of consistently high quality.
• An ability to work as part of a team, managing the input of others (including more senior and more junior colleagues where appropriate).
Experience and Background:
Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they have:
• Proven experience as an economist gained in an economic consulting firm, in a competition authority or in industry.
• Experience in managing the economic analysis of projects.
• Experience in managing more junior colleagues