Economic Advisory - Asst Director (Transport)
Posting Date: 29 May 2019
Closing Date: 27 June 2019
Hours: 35 Hours Per Week, Mon-Fri
EY's Economic Advisory team of over 40 Economists, is now looking to expand significantly on its existing economics practice to capture exciting opportunities, particularly within the telecommunications, media and technology, power and utilities, health and transport sectors and in in the area of economic policy. As a result, we are looking for skilled post-graduates or equivalent professionals with experience in economics to grow our team to the next level.
EY's Economics Advisory team combine deep sector knowledge with strong technical skills in economics, econometrics and quantitative analysis to address key client issues in strategy, regulation, competition, planning and government policy. Role requirements
- Establishing and growing the transport and infrastructure economics practice here in the UK - this involves building our capability in the team, promoting and establishing our brand internally at EY and externally in the market, and developing our transport and infrastructure strategy;
- Working with our infrastructure leaders across the firm and regions to develop our go-to-market strategy for the transport and infrastructure practice;
- Originating, selling and winning work with existing and new clients;
- Playing a leadership role in client engagements activities, including leading or contributing to engagement delivery, client communications and decision making, methodology development, and coaching team members; and
- Playing a leadership role in the team and developing our people, contributing to developing and executing our growth strategy, people strategy and other internal initiatives.
To qualify for the role you must have
Additional skills requirements
- 5+ years Professional Services Firm Experience (Big 4)
- UK Experience at a Professional Services Firm (UK)
- Strong Experience in Transport projects
- Degree in Economics
Who we are
- Has logical and rational approach to complex problem solving
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills; can explain complex technical issues to non-technical staff
- Builds relationships with clients and EY teams
- Deals confidently with stakeholders and client staff and builds credibility for the firm
- Responds quickly to client requests for information or guidance, referring the issue to more senior staff where appropriate
- Recognises opportunities to contribute to client issues when they arise and assists in providing solutions
- Actively promotes the sharing of knowledge
- Contributes pro-actively to building team spirit and works effectively across teams
- Delivers to demanding deadlines maintaining the discipline and quality of output
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It's how you make a difference.
The right transaction can enhance an organization's growth, competitiveness and profitability. As a transaction professional at EY, you'll help clients evaluate structure and execute their most important deals. You'll work in a dynamic, forward looking environment; in what is currently the only integrated global transaction business worldwide. You'll have direct contact with clients and gain valuable experience across industries and geographies, learning from top minds in today's transactions arena. We'll help you achieve your potential by giving you leading professional development opportunities. At EY, we know it's your point of view, energy and enthusiasm that make the difference. Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.