Early Careers Programme Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Overall responsibility of apprenticeship and work experience programme design and delivery, reporting into the Head, Early Careers
- Helping to design and develop apprenticeship and work experience solutions to fulfil current skill gaps and future talent requirements
- Helping to design and execute an attraction and hiring strategy (including arranging any events that would be required) for work experience and apprenticeship programmes leveraging external partners where applicable
- Programme managing all aspects of the apprenticeship and work experiences
- Engaging with the key stakeholders internally and externally to promote / expand apprenticeship and work experience activity, increasing awareness of the benefits they bring to the business and individuals
- Ensuring all applicable policies and procedures are in place, in accordance with apprenticeship rules and are audit compliant - this would include creating process frameworks and operating instructions internally
- Securing headcount and funding internally and managing budgets to fully utilise the apprenticeship levy
- Acting as the key HR point of contact for candidates on apprenticeship and work experience programmes in partnership with country Early Careers Managers
- Partnering with Group Sustainability (and NGO partners) to ensure a work experience framework is in place and is delivered for any Sustainability specific work experience programmes
- Working in close partnership with the other Early Careers Programme Managers to build talent pipelines to the Global Internship Programme or the International Graduate Programme
- Ensuring a seamless onboarding and offboarding of apprentices at the end of programmes
- Compiling and producing regular progress reports and report on key metrics and data
- Working closely with internal stakeholders in HR, Group Sustainability, Finance and the business
- Managing the relationship with learning providers, faculty, government organisations, NGO's
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Group Sustainability
- Head, Early Careers
- Head, Europe HR
- Strong project management and reporting skills with a proven ability to derive a narrative from data
- Confident working with senior business leaders and ability to influence decisions
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Apprenticeships Standards, particularly those relating to Financial Services, including Ofsted and ESFA regulations
- Excellent communication skills, experience with presentations materials
- Proven ability to manage relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and balance multiple deliverables to a high standard
- Passionate about and has experience of learning and development
- Strong advocate for diversity and inclusion
- Proven ability to think creatively and innovatively
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioural fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.