EY Department for International Trade- Investment Project Executive
The purpose of the Investment Project Executive role is to support the delivery of high volume, less complex cases where sector expertise is not required and where projects are not necessarily internationally mobile. The Investment Project Executive role is responsible for positioning the UK offer effectively and ensuring that DIT presents the most compelling proposition to potential inward investors and to proactively manage an active caseload of FDI projects.
The role will be expected to travel across England and the UK for meetings and in support of client delivery. Your key responsibilities
The Investment Services Team (IST) has to deliver annually agreed targets for investment into the UK. Critical to achieving this objective, is our ability to provide effective and efficient support for less complex but high volumes of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) enquiries. Enquiry and Project Handling
Develop effective relationships
- Where appropriate, draw together and lead virtual teams for the delivery of FDI projects (in line with the Investment Playbook).
- T o develop and deliver quality client specific proposals in line with UK First principles and client requests for information . Ensuring that the Head of the CMC provides the Quality Control review, before the proposal is sent.
- Co-ordinate and support FDI client visits to the UK.
- To ensure all new investors (supported by the DIT network) landing into England (excl. London) are provided with Aftercare support, signposting and referrals as required.
Ensure systems are updated and UK First Approach adopted
- Develop good relationships with commercial professional service providers and intermediaries; to understand their respective value propositions and strengths, enabling swift and effective referrals of CME FDI clients.
- Work in partnership with the Research team, to ensure the generic UK First, market and sector intelligence is current and insightful for clients.
Key Targets include:
- To proactively manage the active pipeline and ensure that DIT's Data Hub and Project Management Portal is updated with all key project information.
- Helping to deliver the UK First approach at all times
Skills and attributes for success
- Delivery of 30 successes
- Excellent customer feedback
Preferably they will have had some experience from an economic development, FDI or account management perspective. To qualify for the role you must have
Ideally, you'll also have
- Confidence and credibility when dealing with companies
- Create networks with local and national partners and look for extension opportunities to existing projects and relationships with clients
- Strong communication skills by actively questioning and listening in order to achieve a common understanding of complex issue.
- They will use appropriate tactics and techniques to send clear and convincing messages
- Demonstrate initiative, tenacity, courage and the desire to exceed expectations and deliver against objectives
- Proven planning and organisation skills with ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work without close supervision - able to prioritise and multi-task
- Thinks clearly, stays focussed under extreme pressure and controls own emotions positively
- Good problem solving skills
- Recognises and meets client's needs; understands the client's perspective and offers appropriate assistance
- Excellent team player with flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Minded and committed to promoting the 'UK First' mentality at all times
- Is exemplary in demonstrating EY values.
Degree or equivalent level qualification highly desirable and evidence of past experience in delivery of FDI case work. What working at EY Offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.