Reporting to the SME Propositions Lead, you will lead the creation and launch of compelling and profitable propositions for our new and existing SME customers and be the ‘Voice of the Customer’ at all times.
The SME Ecommerce Propositions Manager is a proactive hands-on role, working in the Commercial Team to produce compelling ecommerce propositions from start to finish across all EU markets, and also be responsible to ensure our ecom solutions are integrated into all SME proposition sets.
This role is to manage the creation of market leading, customer centric value propositions that will establish Elavon as the Payment provider of choice for both CP and CNP. This is a pan European role that spans across Elavon’s core markets of UK, Ireland, Poland, Germany and the Nordics.
Key Responsibilities in collaboration with our partners:
- Execute, plan and support delivery of the short, medium and long term SME proposition strategy in collaboration with key business areas (Marketing, compliance, L&D, Sales, Product, Legal, analytics) and where appropriate, external partners
- Significantly move the dial in penetration of ecommerce solutions into both Elavon and Opayo back book and drive incremental leads/sales conversion for ecommerce within new business efforts through market leading proposition sets
- In collaboration with the Head of Insight ensure continuous flow of intelligence directs proposition plans and development.
- Understand our SME ecom needs to develop market leading propositions to all existing and prospective new customers and evolve over time as market and customer needs change Identify SME core needs through use of relevant insight / research initiatives and map existing business capabilities vs gaps in Elavon’s product and service offering, using Elavons Proposition Development framework
- Work alongside the Proposition Delivery & Planning Manager to take value propositions to market through our partner channels including technical delivery, marketing planning and L&D, training, compliance, legal and analytics across chosen markets. Identifying staged approach if relevant and ensure buy in and commitment within the Business.
- Create a framework approach in which all elements of the Value proposition can be understood, key insights made available and core customer messaging shared so that Marketing, Sales and L&D colleagues can access relevant information.
- Work collaboratively with internal departments of Product, Operations to create a roadmap that prioritises the development of enhancements to the VP based on customer feedback.
- Ensure that value proposition lifecycle is established so that continuous enhancements and relevant opportunities maximised and taken to market.
- Be the point person for our SME and ecom teams, ensuring all propositions are jointly identified and created Partner with the Marketing Team to ensure brand alignment and plans
- Have the business acumen to pick the winning ideas and the strength to close-down less valuable propositions.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a Product Marketing and/or Propositions Manager role
- Experience of developing commercial solutions within the B2B Financial Services space would be useful.
- An understanding of the Payments industry would also be advantageous but not essential.
- Product, propositions, product marketing or customer insight experience within a services industry such as retail, financial services, telecommunications or utilities is valuable.
- You will be a strong stakeholder manager with an ability to quickly forge strong working relationships with colleagues and business partners of all levels
- You have a keen eye for market and customer insight, how to utilise it to commercial advantage in the development of new propositions
- A great commercial mind set - thinking in terms of customer need, pricing strategies, value and return
- Comfortable presenting to C-Suite and Senior Stakeholders and acting as the subject matter expert
- Team leadership and management experience Evidence of leading virtual teams in the delivery of new propositions/products to market Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player as well as a proactive individual contributor