EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a ETD Clearing Senior Analyst
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
FIS Derivatives Utility provides customers with derivatives clearing operations and technology services for trade clearing, trade lifecycle management, margin processing, reconciliation, and data management. We are seeking a Senior Clearing Analyst to join the team based in Canary Wharf.
The Derivatives Utility provides customers with derivatives clearing operations and technology services for trade clearing, trade lifecycle management, margin processing, reconciliation, and data management. The Derivatives Utility covers more than 135 cleared derivative markets in more than 35 countries.
FIS’ Derivatives Utility was designed to help global capital markets firms better adapt to market challenges by enabling market participants, including futures commission merchants (FCMs), to achieve greater efficiencies by leveraging economies of scale in middle- and back-office processing and technology.
In this role, you will provide clearing functions (trade volume, close outs, allocations etc.) and clearing reconciliation functions (exchange and carry broker recs, adjustment escalations, returns etc.). Exceptions management is a key function of this role. Discrepancies are resolved by investigation and root cause analysis in parallel with the retained team, the client service team and other clearing members.
If you have the experience and passion to…
• Make History: Be part of the launch and success of this strategic Utility business
• Play a key role in the evolution of the Utility: Innovate and develop best practices for the entire industry
• Gain recognition and build on your existing success: Become part of a highly respected team and revenue centre
• Apply your knowledge: Innovate and develop best practices for the entire industry
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support the ETD Clearing function based on agreed SLA Targets with our clients
• Ensure accurate and timely top day clearing across European markets such as Eurex, LCH, MEFF and ICE using ClearVision (or exchange terminals)
• Actively monitor and manage queries relating to trade clearing or breaks by working with the relevant stakeholders, clients and brokers
• Investigation and resolution of all trade and position breaks across Cleared Derivative Markets.
• Investigation and resolution of all Front office / Back office breaks across Cleared Derivative markets.
• Line testing of key applications for bug fixes, enhancements and upgrades.
• Completion of daily control account tasks.
• Proactively identify areas for performance and control improvements
• Constantly analyse productivity/output to identify potential enhancements or cost savings
• Articulate business cases to management/change/IT to execute and deliver on suggested improvements
• Guide/encourage team to propose solutions and take ownership of changes
• Develop test scripts and manage UAT functions as part of a project team
• Maintain a controlled balance within the team of UAT and BAU
• Build strong relationships with all stakeholders
• Co-ordinate timely response and resolution of all queries from clients/brokers
• Ensure accuracy and clarity in all deliverables to stakeholders
• Provide constant feedback to improve our service offering
• Monitor controls and checks associated with tasks in SOPs
• Constantly analyse all activities to close potential risks, gaps and implement preventative/detective controls
• Ensure timely escalations in the event of a risk incident or whenever management attention is needed on a potential issue
• An understanding of Options / Futures, commodities and Reconciliations
• Ability to prioritise needs of Clients with different requirements, including Client Services, Sales, Transaction Reporting and I.T teams
• Investment Banking Experience
• Demonstrate the ability to analyse information, resolve and help in developing solutions
Essential Skills Required:
• GMI (Trade input, Trade deletion, Running Queries)
• European Exchange GUI’s (Eurex, ICE Europe, IDEM, MEFF, EDX, OM, LME, Euronext)
• MIFID Transaction Reporting
• Excel Skills
• LME experience
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS’ more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients’ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.