EMEA VAT Manager
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a EMEA VAT Manager to be part of the London Group Tax Team, reporting to the Head of Indirect Tax as part of the team of Indirect Tax specialists.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
What you'll do
The successful candidate will provide assistance in managing a wide range of Indirect Tax issues relating to Schroders' business.
In particular, the candidate will be required to work with the rest of the Indirect Tax team to:
• Review the EMEA VAT returns that have been prepared by the Analysts.
• Support the Group Head of Indirect Taxes and Head of Tax Europe in relation to VAT advice in the EMEA region.
• Provide indirect tax support on transactions and projects.
• Monitor the irrecoverable VAT cost across the EMEA region.
• Assist with the Oracle Fusion implementation, including testing and resolving issues.
• Oversee and create new VAT return processes as a result of the Oracle Fusion upgrade.
• Periodically review the tax configuration of Fusion, including service mappings.
• Prepare certain VAT journals for the EMEA finance team.
• Be responsible for running some additional reports that may be required for tax compliance processes.
• Stay abreast of Indirect Tax developments in market practice and legislation that impact Schroders' business.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Good understanding of VAT.
- Experience of finance systems and VAT accounting.
- Good knowledge of excel.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience of working in financial services would be an advantage.
• Familiarity with Alteryx would be helpful as some of the VAT returns rely on this technology.
What you'll be like
- Energetic and with proven ability to pick up new concepts quickly.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Diligence and commitment.
- Team player.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.