EMEA Trading Director
Description About this role
BlackRock is seeking a lawyer in London to be part of the in-house legal team covering trading and derivatives issues for BlackRock funds and accounts. The global team covers, among other things, equity and fixed income cash trading, prime brokerage, repo, securities lending, clearing, futures, listed options and OTC derivatives.
We are seeking a lawyer with the breadth of knowledge and experience to assist with the coverage of various asset classes. Ideal candidates would have a solid understanding of the legal issues which arise in connection with cash equity, fixed income and FX trading, repo transactions, clearing (including listed and OTC derivatives, and market structure. The candidate should have a strong grasp of the regulations that apply to the instruments covered, including (for example) EMIR, MiFID II, SFTR and CSDR, and be able to review and negotiate related documentation without oversight - e.g., GMRAs, clearing documentation, terms of business and confirmations. We are seeking a seasoned lawyer with the breadth of knowledge, experience and judgement to be able to work independently without oversight on a day-to-day basis. Knowledge of UCITS and AIFMD would also be helpful. In addition to working closely with the derivatives and trading legal team in London, New York and San Francisco the lawyer will work closely with the wider legal and compliance team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
This position is part of the global legal team responsible for coverage of BlackRock's trading activity, and will assist with tasks such as:
- Supporting investment teams and traders in connection with cash equity, fixed income and FX transactions, cleared and bilateral repo transactions, and listed derivatives transactions;
- Assist with developing BlackRock standard-form trading documentation;
- Analyzing and implementing trading related regulations and performing cross border applicability analysis; and
- Special projects as required.
- Solicitor/lawyer qualified in England and Wales;
- 7 - 15 years of post-qualification experience as a lawyer with a law firm or in-house at a financial services company;
- Experience with industry standard trading agreements such as the GMRA and documentation of clearing arrangements;
- Ability to analyze and apply trading related rules and regulations across dealers and funds in multiple jurisdictions;
- Strong understanding of current regulatory framework affecting trading and investments.
- Excellent organizational, negotiating and inter-personal skills; and
- Solutions oriented, strategic thinker, ability to understand the business needs and partner with the business and control functions.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.