EMEA Technology Internal Audit - Senior Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the Firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm’s internal controls using a risk based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the Firm’s compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the Firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements.
Internal Audit comprises Business, Risk and Technology auditors. Business and Risk auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application controls supporting business processes, including systems development, application security and entitlements, production management, and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analysing and testing the controls to protect the franchise. This role would be part of the Global Risk Management audit team, a group of risk professionals who are functionally part of Internal Audit, and will be based in London.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced financial services professional, with strong audit or line plus audit experience in the Technology space within an investment banking environment. The role is at Senior Manager level and reports to the EMEA Technology Audit team based in London.
• Plan, execute and manage regional and global audits across different business silos (specifically for Risk, Treasury and Finance) in accordance with established standards, taking a hands-on approach throughout while also demonstrably able to see audits through from start to completion.
• Work effectively with staff and auditees across different timezones and regions, and also demonstrate effective multitasking capability working on multiple assignments.
• Demonstrate strong report writing skills and effective communication with all levels of management. Be able to write and present audit findings and reports persuasively, convincingly and appropriate to the intended audience.
• Work independently and with minimal supervision, while also demonstrating capability to lead a small team of auditors to execute and complete audit assignments.
• Have strong experience and appreciation of business-related technology controls gained from sales & trading organizations. Be able to communicate effectively with business audit colleagues as well as Business Unit management on technology risks and implications to business stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and for effective continuous monitoring of technology risks. Provide relevant statements / conclusions based on data points gained from the meetings for inclusion in global and regional client relationship management packs.
Skills required (essential):
• Strong Technology audit work experience, with knowledge of investment banking products, systems and processes.
• Strong knowledge of risk-based audit techniques and principles. Ideal candidates would have Internal Audit experience within a global Investment Bank.
• Knowledge of application development methods, technology infrastructure, computer processing environment, and experience in using computer assisted auditing techniques / data analytics.
• Good understanding of technology-related regulatory requirements in one or more EMEA jurisdiction.
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
• Strong inter-personal skills, verbal and written communications skills, and be capable of conveying a confident, professional, positive and realistic attitude.
• Ability to structure solutions to complex problems.
• Strong project management skills.
• Demonstrate self-discipline, maturity and effective time management.
• Self-starter and can work on multiple projects under pressure.
• Demonstrate creativity and intuitive thinking.
• Consistently complete work on time and within budget without compromising quality.
• Hold self and others accountable for demonstrating the highest ethical standards.
The salary of this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 29/03/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.