EMEA Sanctions Consultant
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo
- 13 Apr 18 2018-04-13
The EMEA Sanctions Consultant has a direct reporting line into the EMEA Sanctions Manager and supports this individual with oversight of the execution of the Global and Regional Sanctions program. They will work closely with this individual as well as the Global Sanctions Office within the USA, acting as a subject matter expert on HMT, UN, and EU sanctions requirements. This role will involve assisting the business lines within the region to document their own sanctions related procedures, implementing the global and regional sanctions programs.
The EMEA Sanctions Consultant will also assist the EMEA Sanctions Manager in the day to day sanctions related activities for the EMEA region.
- Partnering with Wells Fargo’s Global Sanctions Office in the USA with regards to EMEA developments and changes related to the sanctions program.
- Assisting the EMEA Sanctions Manager with day to day responsibilities of the EMEA Sanctions Team.
- Develop strong working relationships with all stakeholders by providing guidance, training and ongoing support on key areas of sanctions risk across all lines of business operating within the region.
- Assist the EMEA Sanctions Manager with line of business sanctions escalations, providing expert, concise guidance on cross jurisdictional sanctions related matters.
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures, controls, analytics and trend analysis to ensure proactive identification, prevention execution, detection, investigation, recovery and government/internal reporting of financial crime activity.
- Maintains an awareness of financial crimes activity across the enterprise and may provide subject matter expertise to business projects and initiatives.
- Work with the EMEA Sanctions Manager to ensure systems, processes and controls are appropriate with the risk identified across all lines of business operating within EMEA. Where gaps are identified, propose solutions to key stakeholders and ensure robust implementation of action plans.
- Drive greater awareness of Sanction related issues through the creation and distribution of management information.
- Experience in the development and implementation of sanctions program documentation and implementing procedures
- Strong experience in financial sanctions risk management, with an expertise in EU/UK/OFAC financial sanctions requirements.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision within a fast paced team environment.
- Pro-active, forward looking individual who manages their own workload whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with both the lines of business, regional counterparts and EMEA team members.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, documentation and communication skills.