EMEA Retail Solutions Sales Specialist, Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. We offer a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
As of 30th June, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors operating in more than 30 countries worldwide and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock’s EMEA Retail business employs 220 people with over $220bn assets under management.
They are a primarily a wholesale business providing cross-border solutions to intermediaries who serve the full spectrum of privately-owned wealth across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Our clients are predominantly global and multi-national banks, wealth managers and insurers focused on delivering discretionary investment management and financial advisory services to private investors.
Solutions is one of the six strategic pillars and a key area of growth for the EMEA Retail business looking forward. The team is responsible for Solutions sales across EMEA working with our sales teams to cultivate, project manage and help drive and deliver solutions related sales across the region. In addition, the team oversee the solutions governance and engagement model as well as the relationship with associated teams within BlackRock to ensure the successful design and delivery of Solutions for our clients.
This role of Solutions Sales Specialist for Continental Europe will partner with our Retail Sales team to help engage with clients in the design and delivery of individual investment solutions. The role will require operating across the European business in partnership with individual sales RMs to position our capabilities as a Solutions expert in consultative client engagements as well as lead and project manage the firm to deliver on new client solutions initiatives and opportunities.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in asset management ideally with client facing experience with the capability to manage long term complex projects, or with proven client service or onboarding experience with a strong commercial understanding & high degree of client awareness and understanding.
- Work closely as part of the Solutions team as an integral part of this small team
- Build strong partnerships across the Continental European sales team to partner in their efforts to engage with clients to engage in consultative dialogue around solutions
- Lead and project manage individual solutions opportunities in partnership with sales
- Work with investment teams to define solutions investment propositions for target market and help develop narrative towards clients
- Maintain a strong understanding of the BlackRock platform across our capabilities including investments, operational and technology
- Work collaboratively across business areas with the ability to bring teams together to deliver on complex, ground-breaking new business
- Strong stakeholder management
Skills and Qualifications:
- Highly energetic, flexible, and motivated, with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take ownership for initiatives including planning and execution
- Demonstrated maturity and judgment with ability to work closely with senior matrix management
- Exceptional written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work with internal stakeholders to solve problems
- Self-starter with a strong commercial intuition
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- English fluency required plus one additional European language (German/French preferred)
- Flexibility to travel as required across Europe
- To be part of a growing, dynamic business which has been identified as a key strategic priority for BlackRock in particular within EMEA Retail
- Strong opportunity for recognition and development to operate as One BlackRock
- Excellent exposure to the wider BlackRock business, including regular interaction with senior internal partners
- They will have a solid understanding of the asset management industry, ideally the wealth segment, as well as of investment products
- The candidate should ideally have a background in working with clients either through sales or product strategy
- The candidate could have experience in product management or client service, but would need to demonstrate a strong client understanding and ability to quickly develop sales skills
- Proven track record in stakeholder and project management
- Demonstrate experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.