About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Accountant... In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, International:
- Work closely with the Regulatory and EMEA Controller, conduct assurance reviews on key external submissions, with the aim of identifying issues and errors for discussion and resolution
- Assist in identification of root causes of issues identified during review activity, and partner with the Controls team and the Business As Uusual (BAU) reporting staff to remediate effectively
- Contribute to the planning, testing and implementation of projects and initiatives, which affect the EMEA Controllers and wider finance teams.
- Build relationships with second and third line of defence teams, and support their validation of the remediation of the outstanding issues relating to Data.
- Ensure adherence to the internal Governance and Oversight framework, and compliance with all internal recommendations and guidance.
- Support development of a 'best in class' EMEA Controller team, and by extension the International Controllers organisation by aligning to key principles and priorities set by the International Controller and EMEA CFO.
- Support the digital transformation agenda within the EMEA Controller function, as a way of mitigating operational risk, ensuring that key control principles are embedded at the heart of automation and efficiency efforts
Desired Qualifications: We Value Diversity
- Deep knowledge of core regulatory and financial reporting responsibilities and outputs (capital & liquidity, financial & statistical, core financial reporting) for PRA, FCA and EBA (with US reporting advantageous), plus broad knowledge of the financial services industry, products, and services
- Strong technical understanding of rulesets and reporting instructions connected with above regulatory authorities
- Understanding of risks and mitigating controls expected within a regulatory reporting function
- Knowledge of regulatory assurance activity approaches (including presentation of results)
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a team structure.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present concisely and accurately to senior audiences.
- Intuitive; fast learner with good problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated success with collaborating and positively influencing business units to identify, formulate, and implement processes/procedures to drive change
- Proven ability to work autonomously, independent thinker and quick decision maker.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.