EMEA Regional Business Continuity Manager (R-BCM)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo
- 13 Apr 18 2018-04-13
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul.
The Regional Business Continuity Manager (R-BCM) is responsible for the implementation and execution of the Business Continuity Planning (BCP) program within EMEA, ensuring that all businesses and support functions across the region have adequate plans in place in accordance with Enterprise BCP Policy. This first line of defense role executes their responsibility primarily through monitoring deliverables from lines of business (LOB), Business Continuity Managers (BCM) and Business Continuity Administrators (BCA). The role holder will also work in close collaboration with the second line of defense Regional Business Continuity Oversight Officer (R-BCOO), who provides Enterprise BCP policy guidance and expertise along with oversight and reporting of the program.
The objective of the R-BCM role is to support and offer subject matter expertise to the LOB’s to ensure an effective delivery of the EMEA regional business continuity program. The R-BCM also plays a key role in incident management planning, as well as acting as the central operational coordination point during live events.
- Leadership & coordination of the regions’ business continuity response during live events in support of the Regional Emergency Manager (REM)
- Lead and facilitate simulations and walkthroughs within the London campus and assist other regional locations with simulations and walkthroughs
- Responsible for the maintenance of the EMEA COO Business Continuity Plan
- Work closely with Technology to ensure the recovery sites are fit for purpose
- Subject matter expert of the Corporate ‘Operational Resiliency System’ of record
- Responsible for the London ‘playbooks’ and quality assurance of the regions ‘playbooks’ ensuring all the information is current and distributed appropriately
- Responsible for the regions Incident Management documentation
- Responsible for the maintenance and testing of the recovery sites
- Maintaining an inventory of plans in the region
- Responsible for the BCP deliverables and routines are completed in a timely manner. Ensuring regional adherence to BC strategy, policy, methodologies and use of appropriate tools
- Host monthly regional BCM and BCA meetings
- Maintain close working relationships with the R-BCOO and REM
- Complete all Wells Fargo annual BCP certifications
Market Skills and Certifications
- Experience in financial services is a requirement, which must include direct proven experience with Business Continuity Management
- Proven effectiveness in communication and partnership across various stakeholders, including senior and executive management
- Ability to remain calm under stress, whilst taking a common sense approach
- Excellent communication skills, especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting
- Effective change leader and strong organisational skills
- Self-motivated and drive to ‘take ownership’ of tasks and situations
- Active engagement within the wider business continuity community
- Industry Certification eg: MBCI / DRII - Desired
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.