EMEA Outsourcing Manager
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
European regulatory guidelines for financial institutions have led to increased requirements and responsibilities to effectively manage risks associated the use of internal and external Third Parties .
Wells Fargo is seeking an Outsourcing Manager to join the EMEA COO Office to lead the development of the EMEA outsourcing framework, with a focus on our extensive network of intercompany agreements across the region and with our US parent companies. This is a new role for the platform and will be responsible for the facilitation, implementation and enforcement of a consistent approach to the outsourcing framework in the region.
The EMEA COO Office has responsibility for supporting the region with the facilitation of key governance and control activities across multiple Wells Fargo legal entities. The role holder will have an excellent opportunity for development across a range of activities and senior stakeholder engagement in EMEA and with the US. Responsibilities:
- Acting as a lead point of contact on all aspects of intercompany outsourcing in EMEA.
- Establishing and leading a cross functional outsourcing virtual team focussed on adopting a best practice intercompany outsourcing framework.
- Planning and executing a large scale and complex project to deliver a best practice intercompany outsourcing framework. Supporting in the management of FTE and contract resource in the delivery of the project.
- Providing leadership within the Regulatory Governance team, supporting the other team members and the EMEA Regulatory Governance Lead to deliver on complex projects and initiatives across multiple areas, whilst managing competing priorities and strategies.
- Acting as an outsourcing subject matter expert on relevant projects, remediation activities and legal entity changes.
- Supporting Lines of Business and enterprise functions with the management of intercompany outsourcing arrangements in accordance with Wells Fargo's Outsourcing Policy, including:
- Leading the planning and execution of periodic service reviews to ensure that all agreements remain consistent with services delivered
- Managing the internal monitoring and oversight of intercompany agreements across multiple legal entities, including: collating data; challenging service recipients; identifying improvements; tracking actions to completion and reporting to relevant Committees and Boards
- Supporting communication efforts and building strong stakeholder engagement model to promote the intercompany outsourcing management in the region and support the firm-wide change management
- Creating monthly/quarterly reporting packs for relevant Committee meetings, preparing status updates and collating management information required to monitor the effectiveness of intercompany outsourcing initiatives in the region
- Engaging with Third Party Officers across the region to collate and report on the status of external outsourcing arrangements
- Maintaining and enhancing relevant policies, procedures, guidance and processes to support the intercompany outsourcing framework
- Enhancing the use of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) within intercompany agreements
- Leading training and awareness on the Firm's outsourcing environment with key business and enterprise functions across EMEA
- Supporting the completion of Regulatory submissions, as required for the outsourcing of material/critical services
- Assisting businesses in responding to regulatory queries, on-site visit preparation and follow-on requests for information
Market Skills and Certifications Skills/Experience Required:
- Experience in outsourcing risk management in wholesale Banking or Financial Services organizations
- Strong understanding of outsourcing regulatory landscape in EMEA (incl. UK, Germany, France, Ireland, Luxembourg) is required
- Deep knowledge of internal control and risk management with strong understanding of business operations
- Ability to think strategically, build credibility and influence key stakeholders
- Experience in change management and project management
- Ability to lead, influence, motivate others to enforce accountability to drive results
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and proven ability to effectively interact with senior management
- Ability to prioritise efforts/actions to add the greatest value and impact
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook…)
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.