About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an EMEA Markets Business Manager - Structured Products
Investment, Financing & Solutions (IFS) is a newly created Markets business function that works with existing coverage (including Banking and Capital Markets) to originate and source opportunities with our EMEA client base. It is responsible for underwriting, structuring and pricing the risk on these transactions and is a key element of the EMEA 5 year growth strategy.
IFS consists of 4 business lines; Investment products (structured note issuance on behalf of WF and its clients), Capital & Risk Solutions (providing derivatives solutions for our clients), Secured Funding and Structured and Asset backed Finance.
This role will be within the EMEA COO team and will work closely with the IFS business head, the IFS transformation lead and IFS Business Manager. The primary focus of the role will be to support the build-out of the IFS business and to provide day to day operational support for IFS Business Manager and IFS team members
. The EMEA Markets Business Manager is responsible for:
- Working with cross functional business partners in collaboration with IFS leaders and Business Manager.
- Provide support in developing and implementing relevant metrics and budgets.
- Ensuring the IFS infrastructure operates smoothly and is in adherence with all the relevant internal and external policies and procedures.
- Providing support to other consultants and analysts in the integration/implementation of programs/services/initiatives with cross functional business partners, recognising the significance of competing priorities and strategies, and adjusting as necessary.
- Managing and developing procedures for the IFS desk.
- Providing support for IFS initiatives and engaging on calls with support functions to explain new product proposals. Managing day to day queries from the desk.
- Providing operational support for IFS team members.
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement through identifying process enhancements.
The main focus of the role will be to support the IFS business and IFS business manager. Responsibilities:
- Play a key role in both the medium and long-term planning and strategy execution for the IFS business.
- Support the IFS Business in new initiatives and strategic projects for IFS:
- Developing and assisting the IFS business manager with project plans, helping conduct insightful analyses, identifying solutions and developing business cases and implementation plans.
- Undertake implementation of developed solutions/plans as necessary.
- Own and coordinate the drafting of Business updates for various governance meetings.
- Conduct in-depth financial and qualitative analysis of monthly financial statements, lead development of solutions and recommendations to enhance performance in the region; closely working with relevant finance and analytics teams.
- Establish and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, across the IFS team, product / coverage partners and support teams including:
- Work with the Business Controls team to design, implement, find ways to operationalise controls as well as writing / input into procedures development.
Required Skillset :
- Work with the Technology and Operations leaders to develop and deliver on a short and long term technology and operations strategy.
- Work with Legal counsel on legal inquires related to the business.
- Work with the HR Business Partner to ensure successful delivery of new hires and prospects for the business.
- Operate at all times with an enterprise mindset to ensure alignment and consistency with the enterprise and drive shareholder value Develop a strong knowledge of Wells Fargo products and systems.
- Minimum 3 years experience in either the Financial Services/Consultancy/Project Management sector
- Familiar with Investment Bank structure and products
- S trong powerpoint presentation skills
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Broad conceptual thinking and solution driven mindset
- Strong team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- S trong analytical and problem solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new subjects
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills
We Value Diversity
- Secured Funding (Repo/Reverse Repo client driven activity) and Structured Products (Inflation Swaps, IR Swaps, CVA and Structured Notes).
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.