Our client is an innovative transactional banking technology provider with an excellent reputation and growing global client base. Their leading enterprise banking platform covers all areas of transaction banking (i.e. cash management, payments, supply chain finance, treasury etc), with modern architectures and technologies such as machine learning and artificial intelligence to deliver leading edge solutions.
As part of their expansion globally this is a newly created role for a product marketing professional to lead in the design and execution the company’s marketing strategy to both strengthen their existing business position across EMEA and create new “go to market” campaigns for their solutions within key financial territories. Reporting directly to the company’s Chief Marketing Officer, this means crafting the local marketing plan, and then taking the marketing plan from the strategic – business drivers, problems, solution messaging and value propositions, through to tactical operations – collateral, events, campaigns, PR, lead generation etc. There is a great opportunity for this person to develop the role to ‘make it their own’, be involved in global initiatives and grow the marketing team as the company continues to grow.
Appropriate applicants will have:
- At least 8 years experience in a similar financial technology marketing role – ideally with both product marketing and marketing communications experience. Your understanding how product marketing plays a critical cross company function is paramount, and with that how to set up and run with product marketing systems and processes.
- Your marketing experience will likely include the enterprise transaction banking sector working for the likes of either Temenos, FIS / Sungard, Finastra / Misys, Pelican, iGTB, SAP, Nucleus, Bottomline, Oracle, Wipro or similar banking system providers etc.
- Have the ability to take this company’s key messages and bring them to market through various campaigns including mailing campaigns, roundtables, trade shows, press etc to create further brand awareness and sales leads.
- The ability to educate and gain the buy in of key internal stakeholders to the marketing initiative you create
- Must be able to develop close working relationships across the business locally in London and globally, and work closely with the sales team
- Creative writing skills to conceptualise marketing communications
- A degree, and an additional marketing diploma etc is an advantage.
This is certainly one of those rare product marketing career opportunities, with an already successful, growing and respected fintech firm. Real chance for a product marketing expert to have a “big impact” on both a regional and global basis. This firm clearly recognises the true value of product marketing to their continued growth, so you will certainly play an integral part of their continued success and “ride the wave” with them.
Keywords: marketing director, marketing manager, VP marketing, product marketing.
Since 1999 Excelsior Search has been partnering with financial technology (FinTech), data and research providers to the global capital markets and investment industry. Whilst supporting immense technological change the past two decades, using our deep niche industry and specialist talent acquisition expertise we play a key role in helping our clients build high performing teams across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Creating win-win situations
We work passionately in close partnership with fintech companies to secure for them the very best talent available globally, delivering win-win solutions all round:
✓ The companies we partner with hire proven top performers whom can make a dramatic difference to their business i.e. by providing strong C level leadership, build great products and realise true sales potential.
✓ By only partnering with the best companies in the sector, we add significant value to the careers of the industry professionals placed and hiring executives, enabling top performers to shine and meet their own career goals and earning potential.
Companies we partner with
We recruit for providers of financial technology, market data, investment research and consultancy services. This also includes partnering with private equity & venture capital companies, fintech innovation labs & hubs playing an important role developing the fintech ecosystem.
Roles we fill
C level down and across all company functions; executive management, sales & business development, marketing & communications, client servicing & relationship / account management, systems implementation & consulting, product management, sales engineering, finance, legal & compliance.
Track record of hiring and extensive industry networks in: New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Sao Paulo, London, Paris, Luxembourg, Frankfurt, Vienna, Zurich, Dubai, Cape Town, Sydney, Singapore & Hong Kong.