EMEA Head of HR System Implementation & Support - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is one of the world’s largest diversified financial services companies, with a reputation for excellence in advice and execution on a global scale. The firm maintains leading market positions in its three primary businesses – securities, investment management and credit services. With more than 1200 offices in 41 countries, Morgan Stanley connects people, ideas and capital to help clients achieve their financial aspirations.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and to grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
HR Solutions is a global HR function which is responsible for the support and implementation of HR technology, for the management of HR Service Centres and for the re-engineering of existing HR processes.
The function is aligned to the Regional HR COO (which includes: Risk, Policy, Regulatory Processes and Solutions). In EMEA, the function supports more than 500 processes ran by our Service Centre, is the primarily responsible for designing better processes within the department and oversees the maintenance of current HR applications (20+) as well as the implementation of new functionality and technology.
The Head of HRIS is responsible for two sub teams:
• User Training & Support
• Management of Bug Fixes and Enhancements
• Management of System Entitlements
The team is the primary liaison of any IT related query in the department, working with external vendors or the internal IT team to solve it.
• Implementations that require Project Management governance applied
• Business Analysis for tech solutions that will be in the future implemented
• Creation and maintenance of data bases (future IT solutions)
• Escalation for any system onboard issues
The team manages larger implementations, liaising with project stakeholders, inside and outside of the Firm. During the projects the team usually defines and executes the UAT strategy as well as training users.
The Head of HRIS is responsible for managing all the aspects of these two sub-teams, focusing on defining solutions to streamline internal processes and enhancing team capacity. The position works as an escalation point for the diverse projects and initiatives, acting as a liaison between the team and different stakeholders as well as working with the team to ensure execution is achieved. It is the Head of HRIS who will influence stakeholders globally on prioritization of items as well as technology solutions for the Firm. It is also expected from the head of the team to understand HR processes well enough to be able to influence positively the re-design of these processes.
The position is accountable for all SLAs and deadlines agreed internally and externally by the team. The position has a dotted line to multiple stakeholders in the US (ultimate system owners).
As an HR Solutions professional is in imperative that the following design principles be met when executing on the above:
• Partnering with legal and compliance in order to ensure regulatory compliance
• Upholding the Firm’s audit standards
• Ensuring the proper data security for our Firms employee data
• Designing processes for a sound employee, manager and HR user experience
Skills required (essential)
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) required with extensive HRIS experience.
• Experience in managing large operational teams
• Proven experience of operational excellence – development & implementation of internal solutions to enhance the team’s capability.
• Experience in the entire implementation lifecycle, including post implementation review and adjustments.
• Deep knowledge of HR processes is required. Experience in organization structure, job and position management design is a plus.
• Hands-on experience with Workday is required. Knowledge of Taleo or other recruitment applications is highly desired. Knowledge of other cloud based applications is a plus.
• Experience in performing system requirements definition, design, development, configuration, and testing support required. Project Management experience is a plus.
• Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels within the organization and with 3rd party implementation partners.
• Strong verbal, written communication and organizational skills. Advanced excel and power point skills required. Business Objects knowledge is a plus. Ability to quickly learn and embrace new toolsets.
• Customer service focused with a sense of urgency.
• Effective problem solving skills, high degree of initiative and creativity with a quality focus and strong attention to detail with minimal day-to-day supervision.
• The ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-changing environment is necessary for success.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-CL1