EMEA Head of Diversity and Inclusion - Executive Director
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Apr 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is one of the world’s largest diversified financial services companies, with a reputation for excellence in advice and execution on a global scale. The firm maintains leading market positions in its three primary businesses – securities, investment management and credit services. With more than 1200 offices in 41 countries, Morgan Stanley connects people, ideas and capital to help clients achieve their financial aspirations.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and to grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Human Resources is committed to recruiting and retaining talented individuals and positioning them to excel. Our HR professionals provide a full range of services including: human capital planning, creating strategies to attract, develop and reward employees; promoting a diverse workforce; fostering employee engagement; designing competitive pay and benefit plans; and proactively addressing employee matters.
We were the first global investment bank to sign the Women in Finance Charter in 2016, and are recently proud signatories of the newly launched Race at Work Charter. We have also been named as only one of 2 investment banks to be listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2018.
As EMEA Head of Diversity and Inclusion, this role reports into the EMEA Head of Talent regionally and globally to the Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion.
The primary focus of the role is the development, execution and delivery of our European diversity strategy.
The role has 2 permanent direct reports and dedicated administrative support.
Within our existing Diversity and Talent framework, you will work with and influence key senior stakeholders across the firm, including but not limited to, Division Heads/Ops Officers, HR colleagues in Coverage and Talent, Diversity Action Council members, Network Sponsors and Co-Chairs, and Diversity colleagues in other regions.
- Designing and delivering the EMEA Diversity strategy in partnership with key stakeholders to fulfil the firm’s diversity aspirations across all strands.
- Utilising the strategy to ensure our commitments as signatories to the Women in Finance Charter and Race at Work Charter are fulfilled.
- Partnering with our compensation and analytics team to communicate and cascade Gender Pay Gap reporting on an annual basis both internally and externally. Ensuring that the diversity strategy looks at initiatives in which to close gaps where possible.
- Working with the co-heads of the Diversity Action Council to ensure appropriate governance and accountability and best practice sharing across divisions. Drive agendas and materials for monthly meetings.
- Working as part of the global D&I team to share knowledge, contribute to the global offering and implement Firmwide initiatives as required
- Partnering with HR Coverage to analyse workforce data, identifying trends and themes and collaborating on resulting divisional recruitment, talent retention and development initiatives, providing advice and support on execution.
- Leading the annual EMEA diversity reviews to monitor divisional progress, provide informative metrics and share best practice.
- Providing guidance and support for the firm’s employee networks.
- Building increased accountability for D&I good practice into year- end review and reward processes and improving recognition for driving progress
- Diversity Reporting and Analytics– working with HR Data team to improve reporting & communication cascade of diversity progress
- Communications - increasing D&I messaging and awareness internally and externally.
- Partnering with Regional Office HR Coverage and local Champions to deliver focused plan of action in 5 EMEA offices (Frankfurt, Madrid, MENA, Milan, Paris)
- Partnering with the campus and experienced hire teams on the delivery of cross-divisional and divisional experienced hire diversity recruiting initiatives.
- Partnering with the talent development teams on the delivery of diversity leadership programmes and conferences
- Leading on the submission of key diversity awards e.g. Times Top 50 Companies for Women
- Developing and delivering key D&I presentations, workshops and training sessions, including best practice tools.
- Keeping abreast of external diversity and inclusion initiatives, reading and researching best practices and putting forward proposals for review.
- Attending external events and forums to build network and encourage best practice sharing.
Skills required (essential):
- Expert working knowledge of, and experience in, diversity and inclusion in a financial services, corporate or blue chip environment.
- Be able to demonstrate at track record of designing, executing D&I initiatives and programmes to deliver change
- Credibility at board and executive level with ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proven ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Strong team management experience
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more. #LI-EC1