Been out of the workforce for two or more years and ready to come back? Already built a career in financial services (or in a transferable role) and want to take the next step on your career path?
We recognize the added value that experienced talent brings into our workplace. And we also know that it’s not always easy to find the right work opportunity after a career break. That’s where UBS Career Comeback comes in – to help make the transition back to work a success.
Are you someone who likes to work in an energetic, fast-paced environment? We are looking for someone like that to:
– Manage the regional Control Room team in EMEA and ensure a high standard of delivery across the teams' activities, including: Maintenance of information barriers, application of global restrictions, clearance of research including high sensitivity pieces and oversee the Investment Bank's compliance with the Global Research Settlement
– Help manage potential Conflicts of Interest working closely with Business Aligned Compliance and other Compliance & Operational Risk Control team members, in addition to key stakeholders in the business.
– Seeks opportunities to improve operational efficiency while adhering to globally consistent standards.
– Works effectively as a member of the Global Control Room team to achieve key deliverables under the Global Control Room annual plan.
The EMEA Control Room is part of the global Control Room network which has the prime responsibility for maintaining the UBS’s Information Barriers and Global Grey and Restricted Lists. The Global Control Room network is extensive with offices in the U.S., Australia, Japan, China, Hong Kong, U.K. and Switzerland, all operating under a similar global framework of policies and procedures.
Compliance & Operational Risk Control (C&ORC) is an independent function which is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the Compliance and Operational Risk Framework across UBS.
We work closely with the CCS, Research, Equities and FRC Compliance and Operational Risk business aligned teams to provide accurate and consistent advice to their respective business areas, across a range of regulatory and reputational issues and we also interact closely with Research Product Management and Supervisory Analyst teams in the review, analysis and resolution of conflicts and questions arising from our research product as well as assisting both Research and CCS personnel in relation to CCS/Research interaction issues
– A university degree;
– Previous Control Room experience and managing a team, either as a team leader or deputy team leader role.
– Naturally inquisitive- you will be able to break down complex issues, assess risk and recommend appropriate actions;
– Self-motivated, able to work independently while also working well as part of a team player in a fast paced environment
– Result-oriented and assertive (you don’t shy away from challenging situations)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.