EMEA GTS CAO, VP
The CAO will have responsibility for leading and managing general divisional operation and administrative aspects of the EMEA Global Technology (GTS) organization.
Responsible for coordinating and managing the day-to-day running of this function, covering financial; workforce; Governance co-ordination and validation and assisting the CIO with strategic business planning. Recommends objectives, policies, and plans for these areas. Will drive key efficiency, effectiveness, productivity and / or control initiatives across the function. A key member of the EMEA Global Technology Leadership Team. Seasoned leader with extensive business management experience with broad and deep functional expertise. Primary Responsibilities:
EMEA GTS CAO will lead on and have the following responsibilities
Person Specification - Experience & Skills
- Drive stability and control to the EMEA Technology function across Finance, Workforce, Risk and Control and key management reporting
- Develop, and direct the execution of operating policies to support overall division objectives.
- Provide support to the EMEA CIO on cost and workforce strategic planning
- Provide insights and commentary of current and future workforce reporting
- Working in partnership with the EMEA GTS management team, participate with strategic planning and implement new processes and approaches to achieve it.
- Oversee general risk oversight activities; inclusive of regulatory and audit engagement oversight, and compliance activities
- Oversee the function spend on third parties ensuring appropriate governance in place
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, and standard operating procedures.
- Provide analytical insights alongside senior management team including development of internal management reporting capabilities.
- Provide key insights on management information to help drive the successful day to day operations of the function, this should include, but not limited to, Financial Oversight including budget preparation and planning; trend analysis of key issues impacting the function; oversight and management of the remediation activities to address key issues in risk and control; strategic planning on work force including business as usual control and reporting
- Define and drive key colleague engagement activities for the function
- Build and lead a high performing team, located across multiple locations, driving team collaboration to ensure consistency of application in standards and controls, regionally
- Drive commercial savings opportunities to deliver cost savings within the EMEA function
- Business liaison to all functional partners, including Finance, HR, Procurement, Risk, Compliance and Legal
- Own communication for the function
- Own adhoc activity to support Executive level requests
- Produce and deliver the BAU Governance and Control monthly reporting
- Build and maintain a culture in which trust and mutual respect are valued, supporting the team to achieve the function and their personal development goals
- Extensive financial services experience within a large financial services firm or advisory/consulting firm
- Degree educated
- Extensive experience focused in a business management role (COO/CAO/COS)
- Established and evidenced leadership credentials, proven ability to maintain energy and resilience in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Experience operating in a multi-geographical, matrix environment with proven ability to balance commercial, client and regulatory needs
- Very strong analytical background - able to interpret complex data / metrics
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and drive execution at all levels within the organization on a global basis
- Exceptional ability to communicate in written and verbal formats to various situations and audiences
- Strength around change and transformation
- Attention to detail with strong organiastional skills
- Ability to manage multiple critical requests across the team and multiple stakeholders
- Excellent stakeholder management