- Take direct responsibility for providing the highest standard of client service to build and develop Wells Fargo's relationships with Financial Institution clients in EMEA.
- Take on regional leadership oversight for customer service, to share best practices, provide Area Head /Management Team oversight of service standards, and manage ongoing training and resource management for the region. You will have line management reporting responsibility for your reports across the region.
- Manage client enquiries and complaints, on a daily transactional / operational level through regular phone/email contacts with client contacts; provide proactive updates on outstanding issues.
- Take responsibility to deliver 'best in class' customer service across all FIG clients in the region developing action plans to improve service quality and client satisfaction.
- Partner with GPS to manage service KPIs and quality metrics to reduce Average Days to Resolution and service defects.
- Monitor daily interactions with clients & maintaining call records.
- Act as escalation point for client issues to report findings to management team.
- Understand customer base and anticipate / identify risks arising through the clearing and offering process.
- Manage intra-day and historic investigations of USD payments, cheque and trade transactions.
- Monitor overdrawn accounts and client contact when necessary.
- Assist relationship team with implementation of new products and account opening.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities to existing clients; attend on-site calls with RM where appropriate.
- Generate analysis reports (including account analysis statements and unpaid cheques) and distribute these to clients as necessary.
- Oversee a compliance monitoring program and evaluate the results, ensuring achievement of a 'satisfactory' rating on all audits, working with management to resolve issues and address deficiencies.
- Complete all required assessments, exercises, training and affirmations in accordance with Bank Policies and Audit requirements, including business continuity programme and disaster recovery plan.
- Manage a team of customer service officers, by demonstrating leadership in the Talent Management process; recruit, retain and develop a high performing team by proactively managing performance via assessments and discussions.
We Value Diversity
- Extensive proven payments experience with a global market focus on Financial Institutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EUR, GBP and Multi currency clearing. Expert knowledge of USD clearing.
- Strong understanding of payments and cheque clearing process (FCS, collection & cash letter clearing)
- Outstanding customer relationship management skills and strong customer service focus.
- Must be proactive and demonstrate effective problem-solving capabilities, excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to resolve the most complex of service issues involving multiple departments.
- Ability to interact with institutional clients over the telephone, via email and in person.
- Strong leadership capability as evidenced by team management experience, including remote management
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with ability to multi-task, work under pressure and prioritise workload.
- Knowledge of banking products and services related to treasury management, credit risk, regulation & compliance and bank operations.
- Knowledge of European regulations, market practices, industry trends and competitive environment.
- Good knowledge of Swift terminology and formatting.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to learn systems, product and organizational details quickly.
- Highly proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be willing to travel across EMEA as required.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.