EMEA FP&A - TTS Cash Management Lead - SVP
Description CITI EMEA FP&A - TTS Cash Management Lead - SVP Competitive Salary Offered
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: None
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19026988
J ob Purpose:
EMEA FP&A provide:
• Analysis and review of financial performance, especially drivers, trends, and the competitive environment, to enhance understanding thereof on the part of management, the Board, regulators and shareholders
• Insightful analysis as the foundation for strategic decision-making, resource allocation and performance management
• Tools, analytical capability and data to support thoughtful planning and target setting, as well as to drive business initiatives
• The means by which the businesses both implement and measure the impact of those decisions and targets, and identify and implement course corrections Job Background/context:
• EMEA FP&A covers all aspects of the Citi Franchise including: Products, Geographies, Clients, Functions and O&T. It is part of the EMEA Finance team
• Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) is a major business segment within ICG, covering the entire EMEA geography, organised around products, geographic clusters and client segments. This role covers the Cash products including Liquidity, Payments & Receivables, Commercial Cards, and Channel Services.
• The role requires close partnership with TTS regional management and requires high level of business understanding and interaction with the Cash product heads.
• The role will work in close partnership with EMEA ICG FP&A and Mumbai CSC teams to meet FP&A deliverables
• This role is based in London Key Responsibilities:
Based upon the Job Purpose described above, the key responsibilities are:
• Performance Measurement: Analyse and explanation of key movements and trends in Business P&L, Balance Sheet, efficiency and return metrics; including linkage with business drivers and client trends
• Enable comprehensive management information for business, leveraging standard Performance Management Toolkit, and driving enhancements as required.
• Assessment of Market and Competitive Environment: including competitive benchmarking, macroeconomic/environment assessment, market share analysis/wallet sizing, and understanding trends in client revenue, volume and deal pipeline
• Driving Business-specific aspects of the Integrated Capital Planning process, including coordinating business engagement for CCAR.
• Productivity: Work with Business and across Finance to understand and improve efficiency and returns, particularly Operating Efficiency and RoTCE. Drive execution of initiatives in partnership with Business.
• Drive strategic exercises, working closely with TTS business and EMEA ICG FP&A team, including ad-hoc analysis.
• Supporting Senior Management: Co-ordination and preparation of presentation material and talking points for any internal or external meetings
• Supporting Senior Management: Being a trusted advisor
• Internal Client Meetings: Participation in both ad-hoc and regular meetings requiring presentation of financial information to TTS business.
• Engagement: Proactively engage and interface across Business, Finance and other relevant functional areas to leverage information and processes to meet requirements whilst avoiding unnecessary duplication Development Value:
• Develop a detailed understanding of TTS business (specifically Cash products) from both a financial and business perspective
• Developing or furthering the skills used to provide the organisation with the ability to; allocate resources, execute plans, analyse and anticipate performance in the context of the market, competitive and regulatory environment
• Develop local and remote people management skills, negotiation skills and influencing skills
• Significant interaction with other areas of FP&A, Finance (i.e. Controllers, Treasury and Tax) and the Product will enhance network and personal effectiveness
• Scope for improving FP&A process and practice and development and use of digital tools
• Breadth of role will provide significant business and personal development opportunities
• Provides interaction opportunities with senior business leadership Qualifications Knowledge/Experience:
• Good working knowledge of the ICG businesses
• Prior experience of working within FPandA or similar function
• Working in a Finance role with multiple stakeholders / in an organisation with a matrix management structure Skills:
• Highly articulate in verbal presentations as well as written communications
• Demonstrated strength in detailed financial analysis
• Strong communication (written, verbal and interpersonal) skills, including tact, diplomacy, and ability to influence senior-level executives
• Integrity, maturity, dependability, a positive professional attitude
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Track record of success in delivering high quality work in a fast paced and dynamic environment Qualifications:
• Strong financial accounting background with post qualification experience
• Familiarity with Financial Services Industry and/or related business products would be desirable but not essential Competencies:
• Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to deal with colleagues at all levels across the Firm
• Ambitious and hard working
• Willing to learn
• Be a team player
• Positive and pro-active attitude
• Ability to manage multiple demands
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer Closing Date: July 8, 2019