EMEA Equity Trade Support - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 13 Dec 17 2017-12-13
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realise the full potential of IT and
e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The Cash Equity Trade Support Team is part of the global Trading Operations business that is responsible for all Cash Equity market side trade booking and reconciliation for 30+ markets across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
The EMEA Equity Trade Support department are responsible for but not limited to the below tasks:
- Booking and external reconciliation for all EMEA equity market side executions (Exchange & Broker).
- Position reconciliation for Equity Desks across all products (Traders Risk vs Books and Records).
- Control team supervision for the internal reconciliation team (MS captive) and external reconciliation team (at vendor E-clerx), both based in Mumbai.
- Central point of contact for Equity related queries across Morgan Stanley including NPAs, regulatory / industry changes and new business enablement.
- Co-ordinating Market Infrastructure Projects for IED.
- Market participation in Industry working groups / committees (eg AFME etc).
- London based relationship management ownership for Equity Operations with IED and London based counterparts.
- Managing market risk.
Primary Responsibilities & Requirements of the Role
- Point of contact for IED front office for operations related queries.
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks in a risk aware manner.
- Awareness of cash equity trade flows, including ability to distinguish characteristics between developed & emerging markets, broker vs. exchange venues, DVP vs. cleared trades etc.
- Responsible for resolving and escalating market risk related to trade breaks with counterparty brokers and exchanges, in addition to internal position breaks vs. trader?s risk.
- Point of escalation, and ultimately responsible for functions performed by colleagues within our MS Mumbai captive team and vendor team at eClerx performing reconciliation and trade matching functions for the Equity business.
- Maintaining training documents, procedures & process flows and creates a succession plan for future Subject Matter Experts.
- Recognizes risk in day-to-day processes, demonstrating an ability to draw out the key issues and suggesting ideas for continuous improvement.
- Analyses and exposes ambiguous or complex issues, identifies root causes and proposes future actions.
- Completion of testing for system changes and new trade flows including but not limited to verification in QA and production environments.
- BA Honors or equivalent