**Experienced hire **
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious corporate credit analyst to demonstrate their fundamental corporate credit analytical skills and progress in fund management. The role will allow the successful applicant to become an integral part of the investment decision making process and your credit analysis will the base for a fully integrated process whereby portfolio managers make their investment decisions upon. We are looking for not only a team player but an effective communicator who has the confidence to present their thoughts and ideas internally with fellow investment professionals but also with end clients.
To provide fundamental recommendations on CEMEA corporates and financial through thorough bottom up credit analysis and relative value assessment.
• Support Fixed Income Portfolio Managers’ investment decisions, based on bottom-up fundamental and relative value (across the capital structure) credit analysis of issuers and sectors.
• CEMEA region specialisation (corporates, financials and quasi-sovereigns) in both IG and HY space.
• Assign proprietary fundamental credit ratings and recommendations for EM credits to PMs, applying the AXA IM credit research process.
• Design and maintain financial models for each credit; updating of financial results and provision of forward-looking credit analysis.
• Continual monitoring of news and events which may impact the coverage universe. Timely and proactive communication of implications for credit quality.
• Suggest measures to mitigate credit and market risks as necessary.
• Awareness of ESG issues for credit exposures.
• Preparation of regular sector reviews.
• Presentation of credit developments and original credit research to Client Group.
• Provide back-up for other credit analysts when required
• Demonstrable experience in credit analysis, including bond selection, acquired at an asset management firm, investment bank and/or credit rating agency
• Candidates must demonstrate a knowledge of corporate credit analysis and credit rating best practice techniques, and the ability to interpret and analyse company financial statements.
• In-depth knowledge of CEMEA IG and HY credits, including corporates, financials and quasi-sovereign issuers
• Excellent analytical, written and communication skills
• Fluent in English. Fluency in other languages a plus
• CFA designation a plus
• Ability to work independently
• Team driven philosophy and approach