EMEA BRM Securities Lending Non-Market Risk Manager - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Apr 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Bank Resource Management (BRM) handles the centralized management and governance of Morgan Stanley’s global securities financing and OTC derivatives activities. BRM’s clients include leading hedge funds, asset managers, banks and institutional investors. BRM helps position Morgan Stanley as a leader in establishing funding and collateral management practices.
BRM Securities Lending Trading Team manages the risk and profitability of a designated trading book and takes ownership of supply-side client relationships trading across multiple financing products.
EMEA BRM Securities Lending Non-Market Risk are now looking for a self-starting, ethically minded, control focused individual with the ability to learn and apply knowledge quickly. The team’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Advising senior members of Securities Lending in relation to managing risk
• Providing risk guidance and approval for all Securities Lending related New Product Approvals and initiatives
• Providing risk oversight for all key risk indicators for Securities Lending
• Design and implementation of control solutions, which includes enabling business development in a risk-controlled manner
• Providing risk oversight for all regulatory and market infrastructure changes that impact Securities Lending
• Securities Lending related regulatory enquiries, compliance test checks and internal audits
• Oversight of business booked-remotely onto UK Group entities
• Co-ordinating risk deep dives to identify risk issues and design/implement enhancements as required
Success in this specialized area of expertise requires the following competencies:
• Relevant prior experience in a similar risk role or through trading Equity Derivatives is essential
• A control focused approach that includes making appropriate risk decisions in a time pressured environment
• Product knowledge in Equity Derivatives is essential
• Solution driven approach to identified issues
• Ability to co-ordinate across the broader firm to deliver a stronger control framework
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior management within BRM and across other MS Divisions
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner and thrive in a fast-paced environment that lends itself to changing priorities and quick turnaround
The salary for this role is Competitive.
The closing date for applications is 25/04/2019
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.