EII Investments Index Research Group - Index Research Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock’s EII Investments Portfolio Engineering manages more than $3.42 trillion in global passive equity assets across US Equities, Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, and Commodities & REITs. The group offers passive equity investors one of the industry's broadest array of investment choices. Our clients include corporate pension plans, public pension plans, central banks, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors
BlackRock’s investment teams are staffed with professionals who have significant experience within their respective markets. Our portfolio teams manage assets for institutional and individual investors alike. Accordingly, all of our clients benefit from our portfolio management expertise and risk management analytics. All of our portfolio managers leverage the expertise of other investment teams through the strength of a shared research, trading and risk management platform.
BlackRock is seeking an Index Research Associate to join the London EII Investment team. This position is designed to provide daily support to the Index Equity Portfolio Management investment process for US, EMEA, and AsiaPac teams.
- Research and understand complex index methodology and implementation across multiple different vendors (MSCI, FTSE/ Russell, SPDJ, EDHEC, Topix, Nasdaq and Stoxx).
- Implement expected index changes, upcoming corporate actions, and major index rebalances.
- Deep dive into the current projection process, benefits and impact to current system and process to lead to an actionable cross-training plan and process improvements.
- Creation and research of projections for upcoming index changes in the underlying benchmarks, which are used by portfolio managers to place trades.
- Advise and collaborate with global index providers on implementing methodology best practices through consultations.
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers, Portfolio Strategy and External Vendors (MSCI, FTSE/ Russell, SPDJ, EDHEC, Topix, Nasdaq and Stoxx) on researching index methodology.
- Work closely with the Asia Pacific, Munich and EMEA leadership to lead/assist on key strategic projects that require regional or global coordination and collaboration across multiple disciplines within EII and other parts of the Firm.
- Provide business management support including compiling and synthesizing relevant data sources in order to incorporate findings into relevant business reporting and presentations.
- Drive and progress IRG Vision of Smart Indexing to bring scale to the business.
- Ensures projection consistency in the investment process across all regions globally
- Drive process improvements with business partners across firm including: on-boarding, APG, DIG-EDS, BDS, and Index management
- Support analytical ad hoc index analysis and projects for all PEs globally
- The role is part of an established global team managing the World’s largest book of index equity assets, servicing BlackRock’s primary institutional and retail clients.
- There are significant AUM growth opportunities and an expanding and innovative product suite across the index equity business.
- The role gives the opportunity to develop operational and product awareness in a supportive and collaborative environment with access to highly respected colleagues carrying substantial industry experience.
- It is an opportunity to work in the premier index equity team globally, using industry leading portfolio management applications.
- The role provides relevant experience for individuals looking to progress their career within the Beta Strategies portfolio management team.
- Keen interest in financial markets.
- Knowledge of Aladdin systems and infrastructure preferred.
- Prior experience of working in middle office, or support teams, that interact with the portfolio management area an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, similar related field or relevant experience.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments while producing high quality work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Comfortable at developing cross-functional relationships at all levels
- Highly computer literate, with advanced Excel skills (VBA preferred).
- IMC or CFA candidate preferred.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock - Portfolio Management Assistant (PMA), Institutional Index Equity
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.