EII Index Equity Team – Portfolio Manager – Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock’s ETFs and Index Investments team manages more than $2.4 trillion in global passive equity assets across Global Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, Commodities and REITs. The group offers passive equity investors one of the industry's broadest arrays of investment choices. Our clients include corporate pension plans, public pension plans, central banks, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors.
BlackRock’s investment teams are staffed with professionals who have significant experience within their respective markets. Our portfolio teams manage assets for institutional and individual investors alike. Accordingly, all of our clients benefit from our portfolio management expertise and risk management analytics. All of our portfolio managers leverage the expertise of other investment teams through the strength of a shared research, trading and risk management platform.
BlackRock is seeking a Portfolio Manager to join the London-based ETF and Index Investments team. This position will be responsible for all aspects of index equity portfolio management.
- Manage all aspects of global index equity strategies.
- Perform daily portfolio management tasks; daily liquidity management, portfolio re-balancing, corporate action analysis, client activity; risk and performance monitoring - ensuring portfolios are positioned within investment parameters and guidelines and track within performance expectations.
- Apply quantitative techniques and models, coupled with specific market knowledge, to portfolio construction and risk budgeting.
- Manage project work and systems testing relating to the Portfolio Management processes.
- Manage the on-boarding process for new funds and portfolio restructurings.
- Responding to adhoc queries and data requests from sales teams and strategists.
- Participate in client meetings as a subject matter expert in index portfolio management
- The role is part of an established global team managing the World’s largest book of index equity assets.
- There are significant AUM growth opportunities and an expanding and innovative product suite across the ETFs and Index Investments business.
- The role gives the opportunity to develop operational and product awareness in a supportive and collaborative environment with access to highly respected colleagues carrying substantial industry experience.
- It is an opportunity to work in the premier index equity team globally, using industry leading portfolio management applications.
- The role provides relevant experience for individuals looking to progress their career within the ETFs and Index Investments portfolio management team.
- Interest and knowledge of Index Construction methodologies and Indexing Portfolio Management
- Knowledge of risk models and portfolio management tools.
- Interest in financial markets.
- Knowledge of Aladdin systems.
- Attention to detail and ability to scale and standardize processes
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments while producing high quality work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.