About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Distribution Finance Underwriter... In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, International:
- Assessing credit risk profile of European based dealer transactions (mainly UK but also French and Nordics [ $50m - $10mm] and approving or recommending those transactions are an appropriate investment decision for CDF in compliance with Risk Appetite / CDF strikezone / delegated authority. This will include new transactions, annual review of existing transactions (> $1mm line size) and change requests on existing Nordic based credit line.
- Adherence to Credit Risk Policies and Procedures in executing on above responsibilities including strict adherence to delegated investment authorities.
- The underwriter at all times should operate in compliance with CDFs risk appetite and at all times dealer transactions should be compliant with the Vendor programs to which they relate.
- Be the point of expert reference for Underwriting to provide advice and support as required in relation to CDF specific policies, processes and documentation along with general credit and risk matters to other functions
- Provide support/training to other European underwriters to ensure adherence to the credit risk policies and robust analysis of the dealer requests to ensure they contain clear and articulate recommendations and are compliant with approved Vendor programs
- Visiting customers where Risk presence is deemed appropriate due to the size or risk profile of deals
- Responsible for ensuring all approval conditions are satisfied, finance and other legal documents are appropriately executed and a closing memo is prepared confirming the transaction is eligible for funding.
- Accountable for recommending and establishing appropriate PD/BQR, LGD/CQR and Risk Asset Classification Ratings for the transaction, utilizing approved models.
- Experience in Distribution Finance Underwriting, or equivalent
- Fluent in English required
- French would be a significant plus
- Competency in preparing regular and ad-hoc reporting.
- Ability to identify risks within the control frame work and escalate where required.
- Strong inter personal skills - ability to establish professional working relationship with cross-functional colleagues whilst maintaining clear independence in risk compliance.
We Value Diversity
- English required
- French would be a significant plus
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.