Director of Sales, Alternative Investment Managers & Prime Brokerage
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
Director of Sales, Alternative Investment Managers & Prime Brokerage
Purpose of role
The purpose of the role is to drive the sales process from identification of key prospects, origination of opportunities through to execution of the sales strategy and closing deals within Alternative Investment Services with particular emphasis on the hedge fund segment.
The Senior Principal Business Development will be prominent in promoting the BNY Mellon brand in the marketplace and will contribute significantly to strategy setting and product evolution. The individual will be expected to develop deep professional relationships with the key decision makers of prospects as well as market influencers, at executive level, within the marketplace. The Senior Principal Business Development Investment Services will drive the sales process from identification of key prospects, origination of opportunities through to execution of the sales strategy and closing deals.
• Independently evaluates and pursues new business opportunities and client prospects within the Alternative Investment Services, with particular experience in the hedge fund segment (single manager and fof) focusing on responsible business growth that is compliant, of acceptable risk and profitable. Will have proven expertise and skills to engage with multiple cultures, understand the dynamics of the hedge fund/fund of hedge fund market and structured products segments, and build relationships with key decision makers, at executive level, across the region.
• Serves in a consultative role to the prospects, advising top leadership on the best way to achieve their short- and long- term strategic objectives through the firms solutions.
• Develop and execute a pro-active client and key influencers calling program in order to build relationships with decision makers with key prospects
• Identify cross sell opportunities and engage across Investment Services and Investment Management to develop end to end solutions for clients/prospects
• Facilitate an executive level calling program for the market for the banks executives
• Leverage existing relationships to execute against sales plans and collaborate with the Client Solutions team to create effective solutions for clients based on a solution orientated sales approach and support enquiries and leads from other business areas and client groups.
• Drive our broader asset servicing strategy for the region/ market, contributing to product development based on changing client needs
• Drive all key commercial & risk aspects of the new business cycle, including all legal, financial, compliance and risk aspects of bringing new business into the bank
• Work in tandem and with the guidance of the Head of Hedge and Structured Products to direct the senior management calling programs to support the broad sales objectives for their market and region. This builds on their relationships with the senior decision makers in each.
• Closes new prospects by structuring deals (pricing, contract terms, etc.) that achieve optimal terms for both the client and the firm. Ensures deals are compliant with all regulations. Deals may involve significant risk to the organization. Marshals firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure the most appropriate response to prospect proposals and deal structure.
• Work closely with BNY Mellon's Global Client Management and the Asset Servicing global team to pursue targeted opportunities; leverage existing contacts within the sector as part of sales execution; present product solutions to potential clients based on proven expertise in alternative investments/structures, in partnership with the business, operational and technology teams within our alternatives business.
• Partner with the marketing teams to enhance BNY Mellon's industry presence through industry conferences, relationships with key influencers and via thought leadership.
• Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
• The incumbent will be expected to have an in-depth product knowledge of the Hedge Fund Segment. The particular focus to be on the hedge fund, fund of hedge fund, structured products. They should be intimately familiar with all relevant regulatory events and strategic industry issues.
• The ideal candidate would have extensive Sales and/or Relationship Management experience in the alternatives industry, with a proven track record within a securities servicing organisation in successfully growing revenues in hedge fund, fund of hedge funds, structured products or related businesses
• An in depth understanding of all aspects of the sales lifecycle and a track record for closing deals.
• Detailed understanding of commercial models and financial acumen
• Detailed knowledge of all regulatory, environmental and industry related issues which impact the financial services sector
• Strong understanding of the key legal, compliance and risk principles that are relevant to the asset servicing businesses. Advanced negotiation skills required to close complex transactions.
• As global firm, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70020
Requisition Number: 1713993