Director of Operations - Illiquid and Liquid
- £80,000 - £100,000 plus strong bonus potential
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- One Ten Associates
- 15 Jan 18 2018-01-15
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in a newly created Director of Operations hire in a fund that employs a hybrid strategy across private equity and hedge fund type strategy.
A very exciting opportunity has arisen in a spin out from a well known asset manager that has been going for over 2 years with a great deal of success in both performance and AUM growth.
This has driven the need to identify a Director of Operations to take ownership and leadership in the following areas
- Liasing with the investment team, legal/compliance, finance, fund administrator, auditor, custodian, prime broker and broker/dealers on all operational aspects including setup of investment structures, funding, financing, reporting and database management
- Manage collateral, capital calls, waterfall analysis, risk / hedge reports, counterparty arrangements, portfolio / equity finance for FX / rates, securities lending, and corporate actions as well as reconciliation / settlement for PnL along with portfolio and fund allocations
- Design, document and maintain adequate internal controls, cash management, trade and other policies
- Develop databases and models to support internal NAV and verify administrator calculations
Our client runs a very specific strategy and we are looking to identify candidates that have a strong academic pedigree who have that unique blend of seeing the hybrid fund structures of PE and hedge funds combined.
The role is clearly broad and does require someone who has that demonstrable track record in dealing with operations in these type of strategies in order to be able to take on that leadership role in the fund.
This opportunity does represent a very exciting time to join the fund becuase of the investor interest and performance of the business in the last 2 years.