Director of Operational Risk – Asset Management background required
- Market rate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Saxton Leigh
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Our client, a global investment management firm, are seeking a Director of Operational Risk for their team based in London.
Our client is a global provider of investment management services.
- Working with the first line of the business to coordinate & implement Risk Management Framework activities. Assist the first line business to identify, define, mitigate & but also support & challenge the risks and record appropriately.
- Oversight of the incident data base, to produce and develop regular and ad hoc summary reports as required.
- To plan and execute the regular reporting of incident MI to the business. To lead on the development of more detailed monthly reporting and review of incident MI, as required by the business and or the Board.
- From the incident data base, producing MI reports, raising and dealing with queries arising, trend reporting.
- Assisting the business with quantification of incidents, identifying the associated risk register entry and updating as required.
- To develop an initial impact assessment for Incidents as per the revised Risk Management Framework (RMF) guidelines.
- To assist the Head of Risk in the production and maintenance of Risk Policies, Risk Management Framework, and the supporting Risk Plan.
- In conjunction with the Head of Risk, helping to define and report Key Risk Indicators (KRI’s)/Metrics.
- Undertake Thematic Reviews, Case Studies.
- Help the business define and identify Emerging Risks
- Assist with Data Protection queries.
- Sample checking of risks as recorded across the risk registers, (inherent and residual) against the overall and individual risk appetite categories.
- Assist the business define, mitigate & challenge project risks, and advising and challenging Product related risks as presented to the Product Services Committee.
- Maintain current knowledge re market conditions, regulation, products and services, etc.
- Maintenance and updating of internal systems/ data reference points in agreed format to ensure consistency and communication of relevant information within the team and ensure integrity of data.
- Any other ad-hoc projects as required.
- Ideally degree educated (or equivalent) & relevant risk qualification (or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of incident/breach/control/risk management processes
- Asset Management background.