Director of Market Research - Evidence Lab
Do you love thinking through complex research design, developing questionnaires and executing on a diverse range of market research studies? Are you detail orientated, have experience working with broad spectrum of methodologies and can apply these to answer research questions? Are you interested using your market research skills to support investment banking equity research analysts in answering key questions important to our clients? We are looking for people like that to:
• Interpret briefs from internal equity research analysts who cover a broad range of industries including and not limited to Technology, FMCG, CPG, Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, Automotive;
• Create robust survey designs, questionnaires and discussion guides that address pivotal questions and use your analytical skills (SPSS and Excel) to transform data into actionable insights;
• Work closely with external vendors and suppliers to manage fieldwork and execute on the market research studies;
• Work closely with colleagues based across UBS's offices in Europe, Asia, and the Americas to leverage expertise, and be the go-to person for key stakeholders in the research department including senior management and product teams.
You’ll be based in London and working in the Investment Banking Equity Research Department, working closely with the firm's equity research analysts to help them get unique information on the industries they cover by conducting surveys of end-customers. Your immediate team works together to leverage each other's experience and share best practices to ensure the effective development of an internal capability across UBS's offices in Europe, Asia, and the Americas. Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).You can learn more about Evidence Lab here.
Your experience and skills:
• Experience in designing, executing, and analyzing results of quantitative market research projects (including writing questionnaires) in a leading market research agency or a consulting firm;
• Experience with multiple quantitative research methods (internet, phone, intercepts, etc.), including tracking studies;
• Strong knowledge of quantitative research and related statistical principles;
• Experience with both consumer and business-to-business research;
• Deep knowledge in one or more industries (FMCG, Technology, Healthcare, Financial Services etc.)
• Creative in designing research to meet clients' information needs and budgets;
• Able to explain market research principles and interpret findings for clients with little market research experience;
• Currently working at an SRE, PM, AD, or Director level at a research agency or equivalent in-house on the client-side.