ACA Compliance Group (“ACA”) is a leading provider of risk management and technology solutions that focus on regulatory compliance, performance, financial crime, and cybersecurity. We partner with our clients to help them mitigate the regulatory, operational, and reputational risks inherent in their business functions. Our clients include leading investment advisers, private fund managers, commodity trading advisors, investment companies, broker-dealers, and domestic and international banks.
With the recent launch of ComplianceAlpha® 2.0, we are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our Sales and Business Development team. This newly created role will have significant focus on driving client adoptions by promoting the ACA ComplianceAlpha® technology solution to new and existing customer relationships of ACA.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to design and execute a sales plan based on his/her industry experience and personal track record of achievement. The goal will be to understand prospective clients' current regulatory technology and compliance needs in order to determine the most effective way to provide solutions through the ComplianceAlpha® platform.
Individuals in this role will have a proven record of success, within our market segment, across several areas.
- Establishing and building relationships with leading financial services institutions;
- Independently leading and completing all aspects of the sales and business development process, from pre-qualification to completion;
- Presenting and demonstrating software functionality in the manner most relevant to prospective clients while working with sales engineering and product development teams to ensure the successful delivery of more complex demonstrations;
- Engaging in high-level interaction with senior management at both the client and internally;
- Coordinating activities across ACA to ensure the successful and timely management of sales cycle to prospective clients;
- Accounting for and taking ownership of all objectives, deliverables and commitments to prospects;
- Developing strategic sales plans designed to identify opportunities to grow pipeline and maximize client adoption;
- Maintaining a constant awareness of current and planned development of additional technology to keep clients abreast of future development;
- Providing management with all requested sales reports and supporting correspondence, including use of CRM software;
- Attending trade shows, conferences or other industry-related events to help strengthen existing client relationships, develop new relationships, remain current on industry issues, increase awareness of competitive offerings, and promote new solutions;
- Developing strong, mutually beneficial relationships with industry influencers including industry consultants, complimentary vendors, law firms, prime brokers, fund administrators, etc.
- Interacting with internal marketing teams to help execute effective marketing, lead generation, and brand-building campaigns;
- Capturing feedback from software demonstrations and sharing this information with relevant product managers; and
- Managing internal resources to provide the necessary expertise and support during the sales process including legal, finance, product specialists, and senior management.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of business development experience in the financial services industry, including with investment advisers, private fund managers, commodity trading advisors, investment companies, broker-dealers, and domestic and international banks;
- Understanding of compliance and regulatory obligations impacting the financial services industry;
- Ability to take a consultative approach to problem solving with prospective clients;
- Overall industry knowledge, with an ability to quickly learn the ACA ComplianceAlpha® solution and ACA’s sales program;
- Demonstrate a consistent history of success achieving sales and business development goals;
- Meet and/or exceed goals, build a pipeline, effectively forecast and meet quarterly quota assignments;
- Initiate, develop and maintain relationships;
- Excellent time manager, qualifier and negotiator;
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills required;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment; and
- Ability to travel to client sites or events, up to 50% of the time.