Director, Technical Implementation Services (TIS) - Charles River, EMEA. (Charles River)
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Director, Technical Implementation Services (TIS) - Charles River, EMEA. (Charles River)Charles River provides an end-to-end solution to automate front and middle office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform. Delivered as a hosted service, the solution improves data quality and investment professional productivity, controls risk and lowers technology costs. Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in over 40 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking, and pension markets. Charles River were acquired by State Street in October 2018. Background:
The position of Director, TIS has overall responsibility for the TIS function in EMEA. The role has responsibility for the technical services of all new and existing Charles River Client implementations and upgrades. The position involves management of a team of highly motivated technical professionals of all levels whilst holding them accountable for the successful implementation of CRIMS. In addition the Director TIS will work alongside the sales leadership team to help nurture prospective clients through the onboarding process. This senior, high profile role will interface with existing and prospective clients and all internal divisions for the Company and reports to the MD, Client Services EMEA.
- Leadership, management and direction of a team of technical professionals from Consultant to Principal level.
- Hire, onboard, motivate, retain staff ensuring proper management and career development whilst adhering to best practice and internal processes, policies and procedures.
- Maintain team utilization at the targeted levels.
- Achieve TIS group revenue goals and utilization targets.
- Drive achievement of individual and team targets.
- Complete technical project reviews on a regularly scheduled basis which includes; review of project status and resolution of escalated technical implemented issues; working hands on with clients as required with the objective of achieving successful, on schedule, on budget projects as well as a high level of client satisfaction.
- Build senior level relationships within our Client base which will involve significant travel.
- Serve as liaison to SaaS Operations (SaaS Ops), Sales, R&D (Product Management, Engineering and QA) or other departments with needs or dependencies on technical services (and vice versa) in order to share expertise, escalate and champion/resolve issues.
- Continuously improve technical implementation practices and procedures such as estimating, scoping development methodologies, QA reviews and reengineering to deliver cost effective and efficient deployment with re-useable code.
- Ensure that all team members adhere to Company policies and procedures.
- Sales support; present technical architecture and SaaS procedures overview to prospects (on-site and/or remotely).
- Sales support; deliver high level overview of intended integration approach and estimations for project planning purposes.
- Respond to the ad-hoc design and best practice questions from prospects, customers and internal departments.
- Prepare realistic estimates, assumption documents and SOWs for delivery to prospects and where necessary for inclusion in customer contracts.
- Deliver Performance Management process for senior team members; govern the process for specialist and individual contributors.
- Review and approve Expenses and Time Entries.
- Chair and facilitate meetings including weekly team meetings, project reviews and assist Client Managers with Account Reviews.
Required Competencies and Experience:
- Experience implementing financial systems and delivering multi-tier financial applications.
- Experience managing portfolio of clients and building senior level relationships with the ability to navigate effectively within client organizations at various levels.
- Extensive management experience of teams of 10+ individuals.
- Previous experience in and understanding of professional services/consulting environment.
- Strong development background with familiarity with Java, C# , database technologies (SQL preferred), Agile methodology.
- Ability to apply priorities and plan and manage resource allocation according to customer requirements and team skills.
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve issues both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to develop and manage cross functional process and project timelines.
- Deep understanding of the implementation lifecycle and methodologies.
- Proven ability to implement industry and technical best practices.
- Strong contributor with high motivation and the ability to take initiative and delegate effectively.
- Demonstrable management background ; ability to work tactically and strategically.
- University Degree ideally from a technical discipline.
Ideal Competencies & Experience:
- Specific knowledge of the investment industry (financial instruments, workflows, major players, trends etc.).
- Knowledge of SaaS deployment models and experience of migration of On-premise to Hosted/SaaS.
- DevOps experience.
- Ensure TIS projects are completed successfully - on time, on budget and with high quality delivery.
- Maintain high client satisfaction and retention.
- Ensure TIS team is managed well, developed, mentored and retained.
- Maintain team utilization of 80%.
- Adhere to company and group policies and procedures.
- Contribute to department revenue targets and strategic initiatives.