Director, Solution Architect, Financial Services, Digital, Consulting, London
Your opportunity Part business, part creative, part technology - one hundred per cent digital
. Weâ€™re a new type of creative digital consultancy that fuses strategy, tech and design to identify where businesses need to be, then get them there.
Youâ€™ll be responsible for developing cutting-edge digital solutions. You'll have the chance to work with some of the best Developers, UX Designers and Strategy thinkers in the business, delivering world class digital solutions for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. For us, developers are not people who are locked in a room to churn out code to match a large paper based specification. They need to work alongside our clients and their customers and combine deep technical expertise with innovative thinking and a strong understanding of what makes businesses and their customers tick. It's the combination of these skills and ways of working that helps us deliver the best digital experiences.
The FS industry is at exciting cross-roads to achieve their digital ambitions, where changing user expectations and enabling technology advancements are driving transformation at an unprecedented scale. As a leader in the digital business, we are at the forefront of shaping and delivering these transformations to help our clients to be digital.
As an experienced architect you can lead the technical design and delivery with multidisciplinary teams by leveraging modern digital technologies and proven agile methods to helps our clients realise value, and have a positive impact for their customers and society overall. You will architect and build end-to-end solution offering that includes application development & integration, cloud native development, mobile-first principles, quality-focused values and customer-centric experiences.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
Weâ€™re expanding fast, so weâ€™re looking for people who are, by which we mean natural initiative-takers who bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
Digital transformation architects are responsible for designing and delivering modern digital solutions leveraging market leading technologies for our clients. You will be experienced in creating an end-state architecture, defining a roadmap to achieve the end-state and working closely with the delivery teams to ensure the technology solution being delivered meets the proposed architecture.
Your work, your choice
- Understand the clientâ€™s strategy and develop an end-state architecture that meets the desired needs
- Work with key stakeholders to agree the end-state architecture and develop a roadmap to achieve the end-state
- Develop a view of various architecture domains covering applications, information, security and infrastructure working with other specialists
- Socialise the architecture artefacts and work closely with the design and delivery teams to help them understand the architecture and guide them through the delivery lifecycle
- Participate in various governance forums to get approval for the architecture artefacts and also present possible options to resolve any ongoing architecture challenges
- Manage risks and issues related to architecture by working closely with other team members to resolve them in-time without impacting delivery schedule
- Provide technical leadership to development teams through application development and regular design sessions and other quality assurance activities
- Actively participate and contribute to the Architecture Guild, building and growing as a team from shared experiences
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
London with occasional domestic and international travel.
This is a permanent contract opportunity, to be worked on a full time basis.
However, our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and weâ€™ll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
Salary: Market rate; Opening date: 19.05.2020. Closing date: 16.06.2020. Full time Your service line: Consulting
- Architecture and Design experience of enterprise applications using current and upcoming languages (e.g. Java, Kotlin, Go, Rust), and open-source technology frameworks.
- Financial services background or experience in a similar role within the FS sector
- Understanding of DevOps processes facilitating Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines using latest technologies (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Proven knowledge of integration and delivery with core systems (e.g. Policy Admin systems, Core Banking systems)
- Experience in delivering cloud-native applications e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP
- Hands-on experience in designing and delivering services using modern architecture patterns e.g. microservices, RESTful APIs,
- Experience in delivering end-to-end software delivery lifecycle, using agile delivery methods and multi-disciplinary teams
- Aware of FS industry regulations like Open Banking/PSD2 (Banking), Origo Options (Insurance), MiFID II (Capital Markets)
- Experience of client facing roles where you have built relationships with stakeholders, conducted workshops and ability to influence others through persuasive communication
- Experience and willingness to contribute to sales and future opportunities for the firm
- Experience in managing a team and developing talent with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to define and deliver a new propositions to market
- Experience in end-to-end service design and delivery across the Core Banking backbone and all Digital Channels
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clientsâ€™ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? Itâ€™s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work â€" and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what weâ€™re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Â© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 177693