Director, Senior Learning Partner – Credit Specialist
Job Description The Senior Learning Partner- Credit Specialist helps assigned Sales team members drive high value sales and revenue of credit-related Moody's Analytics learning solutions, supports the creation and expansion of durable, profitable client relationships, and, as appropriate, contributes to the optimization of credit-related learning solutions.
This role will be responsible for managing MALS business in the respective territory by developing and strengthening client relationships, while also working in collaboration with MALS sales team members, Learning Partner Generalists, senior management, marketing, product and implementation teams acting as a bridge between the sales opportunity, contracting and implementation efforts. This position will represent the business at trade shows and conferences, acting as a best practice exemplar and mentor to other sales team members. Additionally, the candidate will have the added responsibility for classroom instruction as needed within their assigned geographical territory (EMEA). This component will make up ten to twenty percent of the candidate's overall responsibility.
The Senior Learning Partner - Credit Specialist will play a critical role in the sales cycle through establishing credibility and confidence in MALS products with existing and prospective clients. The Credit Specialist will evaluate sales opportunities, provide deep expertise within the Commercial and Small Business lending space and act as a leader and consultant to Learning Partner Generalists, peers and customers. Specific duties include:
- Sales support via the following activities as they apply to credit-related learning solutions offered by Moody's Analytics:
- Collaborate with the Sales team to manage client relationships, provide consultative input, and act as a subject matter expert in support of credit-related Sales pitches
- Help prepare and execute sales calls that include attention to credit-related topics
- Help identify and support internal champions at client and prospect institutions
- Provide guidance in solution generation, managing the process of determining client needs and opportunities, and ensuring the pitching of all of our credit-related capabilities as appropriate, crafting compelling and 'must-have' recommendations in the process
- Provide pricing and licensing input, and otherwise support proposal preparation
- Support the provision of product demonstrations and presentations
- Oversee the execution of dedicated live Credit Coach trial sessions and elearning course trial orientations, as well as manage trials 'through the cycle'
- Shorten sales cycles and increase the number of deals "closed won"
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and cross-sell other Moody's Analytics products and services as appropriate
- Solution development and implementation support including the following activities:
- Interface between the Sales Team and/or Seminar and eLearning Development Teams as appropriate
- Assist the transition from Sales Team to Implementation, Operations, and Seminar Teams, as appropriate
- Support the eLearning Development Team and/or Seminar Team in solution creation and/or variation
- Support the eLearning Implementation Team where applied solutions and/or roll-outs are complex.
3. Communicating and Reporting:
- Communicate with other MA Learning Solutions colleagues, both generally and with respect to specific prospects and clients on an ad hoc basis, or as otherwise assigned
- Share information regarding Sales Team needs, solution needs, successes, failures, good ideas, etc.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) required.
- Graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master's), or Ph.D. a plus.
- Relevant professional experience, including experience at a top-tier consulting firm or financial services company.
- Experience in designing training programs, preferably involving elearning, seminars, and webinars.
- Experience developing, delivering and facilitating training in a corporate environment. Experience in developing credit training (Commercial and Retail) a plus. Experience developing courses for a global audience a plus.
- High standard of personal presentation.
- Clear written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts to a senior audience.
- Ability to build rapport quickly and elegantly with different types of people, and with both internal and external clients.
- Passion for helping people develop their professional skills and abilities
- Established track record of successfully developing a network of clients and nurturing deep relationships with credit and risk professionals.
- Familiarity with recent advances in credit risk measurement and management; rating agency, risk, or commercial lending experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Solid understanding of the full range of credit-related learning solutions offered by Moody's Analytics.
- Broad understanding of the competitive landscape for products and services targeted at the risk practitioner community.
- International experience a plus.
- Willingness to travel.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.