Director, Sales & Business Development - RootMetrics - Telecommunication
Do you love mobility and imagining how the future of 5G and greater connectivity can transform daily life? RootMetrics is one of the most exciting companies in today's rapidly evolving telecommunications and connectivity sectors. Our mission is simple - to provide transparent, consumer-focused data and insights for evaluating wireless network performance to optimize daily mobile experience. We are independent with our methodology, comprehensive in our testing, and accurate with our results.
We're expanding our global sales organization and seeking a Director, Sales & Business Development. This new position will be focused on developing a robust pipeline of sales opportunities in newly targeted industries within Europe and Asia and will be charged with working the opportunities from initial contact to close. The candidate best suited to this role will be a highly motivated and very organized individual with great communications skills, as well as experience in sales roles within telecommunications and information services. You'll be an important part of our exciting company-wide expansion working with other sales colleagues, and with our marketing and analyst teams to create new opportunities for RootMetrics' newest services.
As a growing company, RootMetrics offers incredible career and growth opportunities for passionate and talented people that are ambitious and driven to be the best. You'll have an opportunity to make a difference and will get to work in a fun, fast-paced environment where you can excel and be a part of team-oriented success. Job Description:
The Director, Sales & Business Development will lead the development of new business opportunities and be directly responsible for closing sales and revenue growth through strategic development of new accounts across newly targeted industries. The ideal candidate will be able to work closely with fellow sales colleagues, marketing and analyst teams to build new client relationships and gain credibility as a trusted advisor. Responsibilities:
• Achieve assigned sales targets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
• Create a territory/customer strategy based on assigned customer verticals
• Generate a sales pipeline matching RootMetrics solutions to customer challenges to produce revenue in line with quota
• Successful directors are consistently running ten new prospect meetings per week
• Work closely with other sales colleagues, marketing and product management to lead the development of strategic sales approaches
• Prioritize new prospect contacts, educating prospects, and qualifying their buying interest and sense of urgency
• Develop a strong understanding of the value proposition for RootMetrics' offerings as it relates to prospects' end market.
• Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of RootMetrics' testing methodology - and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customers to successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
• Articulate RootMetrics' value proposition to decision-makers across multiple industries to assess buying interest.
• Extensive use of Salesforce.com to maintain accurate activity, contact, and account information of all customers and prospects. Desired Skills:
• A history of over-achievement in your career and in the top 10% in your current organization
• Minimum ten years of business-to-business sales experience with technical solutions ideally within telecommunications and information services
• Bachelor's degree in Business or related area
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications to both external and internal audience needs
• Proven interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective internal and external relationships
• A self-starter who looks to solve problems, drive pipeline, and execute sales
• A learner who invests in self-development to continually become better each day
• Team player who possesses a desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, goal-oriented high growth sales environment
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience selling to multiple levels within an organization
• Fluent in Microsoft Office applications and Salesforce.com
• Willingness to travel up to 50% during normal times in order to conduct face to face meetings or attend industry conferences
To check our product please go to https://www.rootmetrics.com/ Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.